Bring on New England

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
dillondobies
Warrior

Bring on New England

Post by dillondobies »

With Connecticut and Massachusetts out of the way, bring on Maine, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island (think I've got them all).
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Re: Bring on New England

Post by Oliphant »

Vermont needs to add football!
0 x
21-17!
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

If they were all D1 i’d be 100% happy to play navy air force, 5/6 north east schools to include vermont and maine, and then 3-4 targeted schools like UTSA And Georgua State

Hate to break it to you guys buy this is essentially our 1990’s schedule. In the vaunted 1995-96 years we played bucknell, layfayette, yale, bc, rutgers, colgate, etc

We are at our best, like it or not, when we play alot of northeast schools. For wins and for tickets sold
0 x
ArmorDude
Warrior

Post by ArmorDude »

dillondobies wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:15 pm With Connecticut and Massachusetts out of the way, bring on Maine, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island (think I've got them all).
Hate to say it but Delaware isn’t in New England. Although to Joe Biden it may be.
1 x
dillondobies
Warrior

Post by dillondobies »

My apologies to the good people of Delaware, but let's play them anyhow (I think I was absent the day my fourth grade teacher covered that). This site is not just great for Army football, but it is also very educational. While Vermont does not have a varsity football team, it does have a club football team - that would work just fine.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

The day the Ivy League decided to deemphasize, we lost our base in scheduling. The Ivies ruined eastern football. If they were FBS, we would have absolutely no trouble with scheduling. We would schedule eastern for the majority of our games. We would attract fans who could actually drive to games instead of the few who can afford to fly to our home games from far away sites.
Most can't remember those great games with Penn, Columbia , Dartmouth and even Cornell. The game with Penn at Franklin Field were competitive, exciting and filled the place.
We don't have that anymore. A shame. We play teams with small fan bases in places you never heard of.
A game with an FBS team like Penn would restore the fun and excitement of eastern football once again. Yeah, I got a dream, a dream that will stay only a dream.
The Ivy presidents, awash with money, should consider such a return but never will, a return to glory again.
A shame.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

dillondobies wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:15 pm With Connecticut and Massachusetts out of the way, bring on Maine, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island (think I've got them all).
I reality, if they built up their football programs and switched to FBS, it would make great rivalries one day.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic