Squid Game

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Squid Game

Post by WrekDivr »

Looks like Army opened up as a 4.5-point favorite, then quickly dropped to a 2-point favorite (CBS Sports).

Here are some of the rankings:
USA Today
Army 91
Squids 98

CBS Sports
Army 103
Squids 101

Saragin
Army 79 with a rating of 67.15
Squids 77 with a rating of 67.89
This suggests that the Squids should be a 1-point favorite

ESPN Chance of Winning
Army 50.8%
Squids 49.2%

All of this data is about as close to being even as one could expect: split in the polls, Sagarin says Navy by 1, ESPN says Army has a 1.6-point better chance of winning.

I’m really surprised that the line opened at Army -4.5. Even Army -2 seems a stretch.

No surprise, this should be a close, hard-fought game.

BEAT NAVY!
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Squid Game

Post by wpgrad »

I have no idea what to expect. I thought UConn would blow us out coming off their win over Liberty. Who knows. My gut tells me that their defense will contain our predictable offense, and we'll have trouble with their offense that actually runs the option.
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I think it will be up to our OL to put PRESSURE,PRESSURE and lots of it on the Navy QB. We do that and are successful in doing just that, I like our chances in this one.
0 x
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

wpgrad wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:03 pm I have no idea what to expect. I thought UConn would blow us out coming off their win over Liberty. Who knows. My gut tells me that their defense will contain our predictable offense, and we'll have trouble with their offense that actually runs the option.
My gut is with yours and I hope both of our guts are wrong.

Beat ‘em.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic