Coach Monken suggested for the Stanford and Liberty jobs by one scribe...

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Coach Monken suggested for the Stanford and Liberty jobs by one scribe...

Post by RABBLE »

Dude69 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:09 am Agree with wpgrad that Liberty is flush with cash. Been there more than a few times and I am not sure when they stop building out but that place and its supporters are getting it done, big time.
West Point is getting it done big time, BUT FOR THE WRONG REASON.
Mike Buddie says they have over 100 million to build the new east stands. Big deal but the bigger deal to pay Jeff Monken 5 million is the bigger priority. Keep the best coach since Earl Blaik right here and stop the nonsense of having our coach look at every team that comes a calling every December.
Yeah, we will have a super- duper new place to play football but a coach who is the very best for our program leave and then what do have then?
What you have is a beautiful new Michie Stadium and a lousy football team again. Forget the damn ego trips of some of the boosters who want to build a Taj Mahal and invest in the guy who actually makes our program as good as it has been lately.
0 x
OptionThis
Warrior

Post by OptionThis »

Regarding the open USF job, lots of media promoting Deion Sanders for that one (and every other open head coach gig) but those who say/pretend they know suggest former head coach of The U (Miami) and current Defensive Coordinator @ Penn State Manny Diaz has the inside track. I could find no mention of JM on anyone's "list" for the USF job.
0 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

Thanks for the update, OptionThis. I wish I could be more optimistic about JM's future at Army. If the question is not if but when he finally leaves, I would like to see him go to a place where he has the best chance to succeed. The annual drama of "will he or won't he?" can't be helping matters much at WP.

With all the drama of a bowl game in the rear view, maybe he can bring some fire to the sideline for Saturday's game. I'll be watching from my nosebleed seat - so far, so good for the weather forecast.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic