Congress makes exception for those enrolled in SAs before 2021 to attempt to transition directly to pro sports

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Re: Congress makes exception for those enrolled in SAs before 2021 to attempt to transition directly to pro sports

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

Good. But there’s no reason to prevent cadet athletes from pursuing professional sports at all. This should be the rule, not the exception.
1 x
ArmorDude
Warrior

Re: Congress makes exception for those enrolled in SAs before 2021 to attempt to transition directly to pro sports

Post by ArmorDude »

100% agree. The mission is to create warfighters -- so there should be NO EXCEPTIONS for the World Class Athlete program or Rhodes scholars. Everyone should go combat arms. Get the REMFs from ROTC.

And BEAT 'EM!
1 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

At the risk of hijacking the thread to a different direction - am I the only one who doesn't see Carter as a high pick in the NFL draft? The QB sack numbers are down from last year - are there valid reasons for this (injuries, double teaming, different offensive schemes)? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I just don't see a pro team risking a high pick on him. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see him as a force in the NFL.
0 x
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

Armyfaninpa wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:03 pm At the risk of hijacking the thread to a different direction - am I the only one who doesn't see Carter as a high pick in the NFL draft? The QB sack numbers are down from last year - are there valid reasons for this (injuries, double teaming, different offensive schemes)? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I just don't see a pro team risking a high pick on him. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see him as a force in the NFL.
Kind of agree. I think he gets drafted but first round pick seems really high.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Most of the mock drafts I have seen have Carter going in the 2nd round, though one I saw a couple of weeks ago had him going to New England in the first. Most comments see him as a raw talent with size and wingspan you can’t ignore.
1 x
palidog
Warrior

Post by palidog »

The pro scouts don't necessarily look at statistics. They look at potential and Carter has a lot of it.
2 x
BEATNAVY09
Warrior

Post by BEATNAVY09 »

WrekDivr wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:35 pm Most of the mock drafts I have seen have Carter going in the 2nd round, though one I saw a couple of weeks ago had him going to New England in the first. Most comments see him as a raw talent with size and wingspan you can’t ignore.
Belichick is a Navy fan and has brought in a few Navy players over the years so this would be ironic.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

A good decision by Congress. Everyone should have a chance to follow his or her dream. It is what this country is all about. Andre will serve. He made that promise but to deny him his chance and his dream is never in the best interest of anyone.
0 x
LoneStarPhan
Warrior

Post by LoneStarPhan »

While the actual draft will show how Carter is viewed by NFL teams, the mock drafts and other rankings by media types continue to rate him highly. Just yesterday, I saw another mock draft that put Carter as the number 30 pick in round one by the Kansas City Chiefs. All speculation, but still good press for Army football.

First Round NFL Mock Draft (by Seth Trachtman)
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic