Navy hires Kennesaw guy

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
wpgrad
Warrior

Navy hires Kennesaw guy

Post by wpgrad »

Navy hired Kennesaw’s OC to be their new OC. He is a paul johnson guy

Looks like Navy is focusing on returning to more true triple option we saw in 2000’s under johnson and early years of Ken

Looks like Army is going to more modern pistol offense a la coastal carolina with more short passes

We shall see who made the right choice
0 x
cjragu13
Warrior

Re: Navy hires Kennesaw guy

Post by cjragu13 »

The head coach is a Paul Johnson guy. I don’t believe the new OC coach hired ever coached under Johnson.
0 x
usma74
Warrior

Post by usma74 »

He never worked for Paul Johnson. Last year, Grant Chesnut entered his ninth season as the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. He was the first hire to Brian Bohannon’s coaching staff in April 2013 after spending two seasons as athletic director and head coach at Central High School in Carrollton, Ga.

Also, after this year's season ended, Bohannon shared they were going away from the "under center, 3-option" at 44:43:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nm9I1cPsuA&t=2533s

Beat Navy!
1 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

I was indicating he runs the true paul johnson offense not the monken or other’s version

I have jeans older than him so i am aware he didnt coach with PJ
0 x
FSUBulldog0
Warrior

Post by FSUBulldog0 »

usma74 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:30 pm He never worked for Paul Johnson. Last year, Grant Chesnut entered his ninth season as the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. He was the first hire to Brian Bohannon’s coaching staff in April 2013 after spending two seasons as athletic director and head coach at Central High School in Carrollton, Ga.

Also, after this year's season ended, Bohannon shared they were going away from the "under center, 3-option" at 44:43:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nm9I1cPsuA&t=2533s

Beat Navy!
Interesting that Kennesaw is going away from the under-center option. Think Monken and Bohannon are trading notes?
1 x
FSUBulldog0
Warrior

Post by FSUBulldog0 »

They are also keeping Ivin Jasper. Really supports the idea that the firing was personal. The relationship between Chester Gladchuk and Ken must have been completely destroyed.
0 x
Dude69
Warrior

Post by Dude69 »

Obvious that in the end there was zero positive left in that relationship. In addition to far more L’s than W’s in the last 5 years (excepting the one outlier year) that is a perfect storm for being shown the door. Bye Felicia!
0 x
ArmyBN82
Warrior

Post by ArmyBN82 »

Interesting Navy keeping Jasper but in the demoted position after his firing. Is this so another academy program doesn’t get him? Also shows how personal decision was to get rid of Coach N since they keep the assistant including new Head Coach. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... ordinator/
0 x
usma74
Warrior

Post by usma74 »

0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic