East Stands Coming Down

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
3seconddelay
Warrior

East Stands Coming Down

Post by 3seconddelay »

Season ticket orders are due 3/31 with East stands coming down and cadets moving to end zone. I’ve been wondering how you play football in a construction zone. Has that ever been done, playing a season(s) in a stadium that’s under active renovation? I’m clueless about the construction plans. I didn’t think it was fully funded yet. They’re still calling for mo money all the time.
0 x
FSUBulldog0
Warrior

Re: East Stands Coming Down

Post by FSUBulldog0 »

3seconddelay wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:21 am Season ticket orders are due 3/31 with East stands coming down and cadets moving to end zone. I’ve been wondering how you play football in a construction zone. Has that ever been done, playing a season(s) in a stadium that’s under active renovation? I’m clueless about the construction plans. I didn’t think it was fully funded yet. They’re still calling for mo money all the time.
Oregon State played this past season with construction going on in their home stadium. I’m pretty sure Texas A&M has done the same. It’s not as uncommon as one might think.
1 x
Dude69
Warrior

Post by Dude69 »

This kind of reminds me of the before and after pictures of Haiti after a devastating hurricane. It might be an improvement. Hoping they’ll take some of that pile of cash and upgrade WWII era facilities throughout the whole place.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

The east stands being smaller, and cadet-only, will look fantastic to the eyeballs on TV
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

The day after graduation, demolishing will begin as they say. One way to clear it would be imploded. That way you can cut time instead of a wrecking ball. Demolishing a section of a stadium in the hands of professionals accustomed to doing just that is common without destroying parts you do not want to be disturbed. Actually, everything that is to be saved could be removed now and explosive wiring could be laid right away with the charge scheduled the day after graduation. By the first fall football game, the east area could be cleaned and ready for construction and esthetically pleasing to everyone going to games this fall so you could see Lusk for the last time before the new edifice is construed. Fencing could be installed on the perimeter for safety.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
THE RAB
Chief Demolition and Reconstruction Engineer Consultant
and Army football FAN.
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

RABBLE wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:03 pm The day after graduation, demolishing will begin as they say. One way to clear it would be imploded. That way you can cut time instead of a wrecking ball. Demolishing a section of a stadium in the hands of professionals accustomed to doing just that is common without destroying parts you do not want to be disturbed. Actually, everything that is to be saved could be removed now and explosive wiring could be laid right away with the charge scheduled the day after graduation. By the first fall football game, the east area could be cleaned and ready for construction and esthetically pleasing to everyone going to games this fall so you could see Lusk for the last time before the new edifice is construed. Fencing could be installed on the perimeter for safety.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
THE RAB
Chief Demolition and Reconstruction Engineer Consultant
and Army football FAN.
Rab;

You pushing the plunger?
0 x
BG
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I sure would like to push the plunger but on the other side of Lusk. Me would not like the dust. ;)
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

The second job I would like is to be the guy who yells 5-4-3-2-1-FIRE
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

The second job I would like is to be the guy who yells 5-4-3-2-1-FIRE !!!!! :D