ULM Game Thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Usma80
Warrior

Re: ULM Game Thread

Post by Usma80 »

I’d like to know what Monken and his staff did to try to get control after the first mistake in the 4 possession debacle. What about the brain-dead mistake of a player continuing to try to get more yards after a good gain (and 1st down) and then getting the ball ripped out of his hands? D with epic fails on 2 straight possessions giving up 2 huge plays for quick touchdowns? Everything had to blow up on 4 straight O & D possessions over 5 minutes to lose that game, and of course we did it. Was Monken and his entire staff deer in the headlights ?
0 x
BlackKnight09
Warrior

Post by BlackKnight09 »

An amazingly bad loss. Daily showed that he’s incapable of running this offense and his backup looked incapable of running any offense at all (albeit in an extremely small sample size of two plays).

Boys, we are in big trouble this year. Looking at our schedule again, I can see only 1 probable win. Dark days ahead.
0 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

Oliphant wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:05 pm Finally done working a tournament.

Guess the defense is looking good!
For your sake, I hope it was a beer pong tournament.
2 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

For all the shortcomings in the offense, the game was well on the way to "winning ugly" for the first 55 minutes. In retrospect, the succession of errors began on the completely unnecessary roughing the kicker call. At the time it didn't seem to be that big of a deal, with the defense forcing another punt 3 downs later. The change in field position resulted in an extremely conservative 3 and out, and we all know the rest. i have to wonder what the impact was of sending a defense back out on the field in the 4th quarter under those conditions.

And God bless Terry Bowden! Imagine being up 4 points with 30 seconds left in the game thinking you needed 3 more against an Army offense needing to get 95 yards without any time outs. Give the man credit for doing all he could to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

They called Don Holleder's switch from All-American End to never played before QB in 1955 as "Blaik's Folly".
It WAS until his team beat Navy that year in a huge upset.
Are we going to call this year's team," Monkens's Folly" ? This could be a monumental repeat of 1955.
Maybe acceptable if we beat Navy again like back in 1955. But then, I don't want to lose much before that Navy game.
Or will we? i don't know but it does not appear that we will do much winning unless we improve at least our offensive production.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic