AAC

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Re: AAC

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

BOOOOOOOOOO
0 x
armyftball
Warrior

Post by armyftball »

0 x
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

Don’t love it. I prefer the more wide open schedule of an independent.

Also, not that we have to worry about it actually happening but, if Army and Navy are playing for the conference title, they have to play two games in a row. Why not just make the A/N game for the conference title?
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Joining the AAC is so dumb, for so many reasons, it makes my head hurt

Enjoy that michie schedule of an FCS, Tulsa, Florida Atlantic, Charlotte and UAB. With our 6th “home game” versus AF played in dallas

Totally, utterly stupid move.
1 x
Justafan11
Warrior

Post by Justafan11 »

First, let me say I wish Army would stay independent but they never did schedule attractive games while being an independent. They either scheduled ridiculously (LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, etc.) or they played teams like Delaware State, Holy Cross, Mercer, Bucknell, etc.). Give me a break - I'd much rather see UAB, Charlotte, Temple and so on then the likes of the teams I just mentioned. Right now, we have much bigger fish to fry with our non-competitive team. Fix (or change) the offense - last Saturday was pathetic.
0 x
BlackKnight09
Warrior

Post by BlackKnight09 »

wpgrad wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:26 am Joining the AAC is so dumb, for so many reasons, it makes my head hurt

Enjoy that michie schedule of an FCS, Tulsa, Florida Atlantic, Charlotte and UAB. With our 6th “home game” versus AF played in dallas

Totally, utterly stupid move.
So you complain when we play big name schools but you don’t like the quality of schools offered by the AAC either. Who, in your mind, should we be scheduling?
0 x
BlackKnight09
Warrior

Post by BlackKnight09 »

For the record, I don’t think moving to the American is a bad move. Although the quality of the other teams isn’t terribly exciting, we should be competitive year over year and it makes filling up the schedule a bit easier.

I think we should still have room for one “big” away game every year if we want one. And the CIC games remain in place.

There are worse ways to make a few extra bucks for the academy.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

BlackKnight09 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:50 am For the record, I don’t think moving to the American is a bad move. Although the quality of the other teams isn’t terribly exciting, we should be competitive year over year and it makes filling up the schedule a bit easier.

I think we should still have room for one “big” away game every year if we want one. And the CIC games remain in place.

I agree. It seems like a conference was inevitable and the AAC is a pretty fair fit. We’ve played a lot of these teams anyway.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

BlackKnight09 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:50 am For the record, I don’t think moving to the American is a bad move. Although the quality of the other teams isn’t terribly exciting, we should be competitive year over year and it makes filling up the schedule a bit easier.

So you dont like the other teams in conference. They arent exciting. But this makes scheduling easier

Wow. Really strong argument on making this move. Well done

Lets join the AAC. The teams arent exciting!!!!
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic