Coastal Carolina Game Thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Re: Coastal Carolina Game Thread

Post by WrekDivr »

What fun that was. I will be very curious to see what we run vs. Navy. For not being a TO guy, Thatcher called a great game.
2 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

You're kidding right??

If we run ANYTHING other than an under center triple, like we did today, then it'll be the stupidest thing since the 2020 election result.

We just demonstrated that cut block rules are irrelevant. We went back to smash-mouth ARMY football, imposing our violence and aggression and will on the opponent. Almost 400 yds on the ground. Zero in the air. Dominated TOP. Why in hell would we ever do anything else???

Cudos to the Oline, the war hourses, to Daily, Thatcher, to Special Teams, and to the D!!!
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

ARMORMAN wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:30 pm You're kidding right??

If we run ANYTHING other than an under center triple, like we did today, then it'll be the stupidest thing since the 2020 election result.

We just demonstrated that cut block rules are irrelevant. We went back to smash-mouth ARMY football, imposing our will on the opponent. Almost 400 yds on the ground. Zero in the air. Dominated TOP. Why in hell would we ever do anything else???
Fair point, though some of our success today can be attributed to CC not being prepared for the TO. Navy will know how to defend it.

Plus, kinda figured it would churn up some discussion.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Reason it was successful is same reason Davis was fired. We ran inside AND OUTSIDE. We actually PITCHED. Got the perimeter. Opened the middle for our bulldozers, and vice versa. Daily was the key. Heady, tough ringmaster...

Can't stop dis!
Last edited by ARMORMAN on Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

I'm not convinced Thatcher called this game at all. In fact I believe, and have not source just a gut feeling, that Worley might have called this game. I could be wrong but Thatcher damn sure didn't look very involved in the shots from the Box.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Agree.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

If that is true, he should have started calling the plays 2 years ago.
0 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

I think he did call some plays for us two years ago. Not his first rodeo as a play caller I believe
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

You are right Grasshopper. Worley called plays 2 yr ago when Davis was out for some reason I can't recall.
0 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Thatcher didn’t look real happy in the press box shots. Or it was an underwhelming joy IMO. We lost the turnover battle today and still won because we doubled up their TOP. 40 mins to 20 mins.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic