Uniforms

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Army41
Warrior

Uniforms

Post by Army41 »

Just saw Navy revealed their uniforms for the game I wonder what ours will be
0 x
FSUBulldog0
Warrior

Re: Uniforms

Post by FSUBulldog0 »

Based on the preview that dropped last night it looks like a 3ID based uniform from the beginning of OIF. I’d guess some type of “chocolate chip” desert camouflage-insprired pattern.
0 x
Army41
Warrior

Post by Army41 »

Thanks I always like to grab a sweatshirt from every year
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Desert camo would have been great FSUBulldog; but they went with straight sand instead. It's okay, I guess. Don't care if we're wearing drag as long as we squash the squids and bring the CiC home.

Still, I rather be a dogface soljer like I yam

:D
Last edited by ARMORMAN on Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

It's always tougher the years you have to wear white (or in this case sand colored) jerseys. Kind of limits the design options. Except for 2017 when they wore the white and it happened to snow that day too. That worked out great (the win didn't hurt either).
1 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

This is an interesting dilemma. how do you provide "light" or "white" uniform for away years? Plus you can never really use blue as a color. Kind of surprised they didn't look to honor the Continental Army and something tied to the Revolution.
1 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

prideandream wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:23 pm This is an interesting dilemma. how do you provide "light" or "white" uniform for away years? Plus you can never really use blue as a color. Kind of surprised they didn't look to honor the Continental Army and something tied to the Revolution.
If they really wanted to be accurate to the forces that fought in the Revolutionary War though only like half the guys would be in uniform, a bunch of them wouldn't have shoes, a few guys would just be in tattered rags, etc.
2 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Funny how college football has changed. We were winning national championships in the 40s and the uniforms looked like they had been the same for a decade. Now we have about 15 uniform combos.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Thought this was a nice comparison of Army’s design and approach vs. Navy’s. Like the comment that someone at Navy has a can with a wizard air brushed on it. 😁

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... -game.html
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I am in the vast minority on uniforms when I say the two teams should wear the traditional at home and away uniforms for the big game.
I know Nike and Under Armour give the gear for free for the advertisement but still why change tradition when you don't have to change?
Army never changed unis from 1943 on so this new designs now seen, just doesn't resonate with me.
Shiny gold helmet with black stripe, black or white jersey, shiny gold pants, black and gray stipe on pants, covered white socks to knee, gold lettering on jersey numbers, black shoes.
Example would be the 1963 Army-Navy game.
Old guys like me don't like change I guess.
I do know I like honoring the various units that have served us well in the past but I still like the old bygone uniforms we wore for decades years back.
2 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic