Something in lockers

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Dude69
Warrior

Something in lockers

Post by Dude69 »

I have thought for a while there was something wrong in the locker room if you will with this team the last few years but especially this year. Today they played with fire and purpose. They also were under center. Coincidence I think not entirely. Something changed. There was a sustained fire and purpose that with the exception of AF game has been sporadic. Not a football guy but I do know team dynamics and vibes. Something has clicked. Repeat at AN and we all we be very happy. Best girl just got home from Navy 10-0 win in what she calls “Battle of the Terrible”. Great win Army! Very happy! Great job men!
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Re: Something in lockers

Post by ARMORMAN »

Nothing in the locker room, imho.

The difference was THE UNDER CENTER TRIPLE, period. Seriously, that offense is aggressive by nature. It is violent when succeeding. It takes the fight to the enemy
You punch em in the mouth every play. You say, "here we come; stop us if you can"...That attitude permeates. And not just the offense, but the entire team. Everyone plays with more fire and ferocity. It's why that freaking system is so perfect for us.

Cause when you graduate and lead soldiers, you want the same mindset.
4 x
JKillerK
Warrior

Post by JKillerK »

Along with everything else they looked like they were having fun.
1 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

Dude69 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:51 pm I have thought for a while there was something wrong in the locker room if you will with this team the last few years but especially this year. Today they played with fire and purpose. They also were under center. Coincidence I think not entirely. Something changed. There was a sustained fire and purpose that with the exception of AF game has been sporadic. Not a football guy but I do know team dynamics and vibes. Something has clicked. Repeat at AN and we all we be very happy. Best girl just got home from Navy 10-0 win in what she calls “Battle of the Terrible”. Great win Army! Very happy! Great job men!
Though I don't necessarily agree/disagree. The fire that has been missing for three years or so was there from the start last Saturday, hopefully it will stay there for Navy. They didn't know they would be under center for most of the game before kickoff, so something else must account for it. The sidelines and emotions have been pretty muted for several years, including last year's Navy game. (FWIW, I've always believed JM was encouraged to mute his/teams' emotions sometime during the 2018 season, which would have coincided with a new supe's arrival).
0 x
BG
Lusk2003
Warrior

Post by Lusk2003 »

The team was fired up. Losing isn’t fun. The team rallies around Viti.
0 x
hrm
Warrior

Post by hrm »

Lusk2003 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:58 pm The team was fired up. Losing isn’t fun. The team rallies around Viti.
The sooner Monken passes the HC torch to Viti the better, for all involved. Viti has walked the walk that he asks from his players,
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

What?????!!!!

Hey man, are you a squid troll???

Jeff Monken has been and will continue to be the best thing to happen to Army Football since Red Blaik.

Full Stop. The End.
0 x
hrm
Warrior

Post by hrm »

ARMORMAN wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:07 am What?????!!!!

Hey man, are you a squid troll???

Jeff Monken has been and will continue to be the best thing to happen to Army Football since Red Blaik.

Full Stop. The End.
"squid troll???" Lol.
To be sure, Monken has, on balance, elevated the program (and let's agree to set this disappointing season aside). And Monken deserves some credit for that. My only point, however, is that Viti will be an even more successful HC at WP.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

OK, I've calmed down. :)

Now we agree.

JM has been the best thing for our program since forever. And Viti may well follow him, but he's got a lot to learn yet, and Jeff ain't done....

Still need a few more CIC's and that big win over some top 10 Power 5...

:)
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

3 weeks ago half this board wanted viti fired frim his job. Now we are gonna hire him as coach-in-waiting cause it always makes sense to hand the reigns to a 35 year old guy with minimal coaching experience

But hey, he is a grad. Maybe we can rehire Tom Miller to coach hoops team too?
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic