Air Force collapse

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
wpgrad
Warrior

Air Force collapse

Post by wpgrad »

Air Force has always been a 2nd rate sleezy academy team (see: allowing 40+ players to leave and covid repeat) so it really breaks my heart to see them lose to Army and just utterly implode after that

Maybe they can allow their 5th and 6th year seniors to come back for another year?
1 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Re: Air Force collapse

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Almost unthinkable 4 weeks ago that they would not be playing in the MWC championship
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

I’m not sure Larimer has taken a snap since we rocked his world. AF had their 4th string QB in yesterday.
1 x
gaetano01
Warrior

Post by gaetano01 »

wpgrad wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:48 am Air Force has always been a 2nd rate sleezy academy team (see: allowing 40+ players to leave and covid repeat) so it really breaks my heart to see them lose to Army and just utterly implode after that

Maybe they can allow their 5th and 6th year seniors to come back for another year?
Uhh, Army did the same thing. But quieter.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

gaetano01 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:10 am
wpgrad wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:48 am Air Force has always been a 2nd rate sleezy academy team (see: allowing 40+ players to leave and covid repeat) so it really breaks my heart to see them lose to Army and just utterly implode after that

Army sent home 40 cadets for a semester for football reasons during covid?
0 x
Army Frog Fan
Warrior

Post by Army Frog Fan »

1 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

wpgrad wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:09 pm
gaetano01 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:10 am

Army sent home 40 cadets for a semester for football reasons during covid?
The entire Corps went home for a semester, but they did classes online. I don't believe there were scores of seniors who were allowed to stay on at the Academy just to get an extra year of eligibility. To my knowledge, our seniors are actually seniors vice Lieutenants in hiding as is the case at USAFA. Not sure what a "cadet" does after completing graduation requirements at a Service academy, but there are a number at AF who should have completed all requirements by graduation date of the class of 23...at least that is my understanding.
0 x
BG
GO 150s 87
Warrior

Post by GO 150s 87 »

This past week in Ken Kraetzer's huddle I said that IMO this season has placed Calhoun on the hot seat. AF really got spoiled during the DeBerry years and Calhoun is not meeting that expectation. Yes, he produces winning teams. But he does not produce CIC Trophies very consistently. Nor does he bring MWC championships. Maybe I'm wrong but, then again, it's just my opinion.
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

GO 150s 87 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:09 pm This past week in Ken Kraetzer's huddle I said that IMO this season has placed Calhoun on the hot seat. AF really got spoiled during the DeBerry years and Calhoun is not meeting that expectation. Yes, he produces winning teams. But he does not produce CIC Trophies very consistently. Nor does he bring MWC championships. Maybe I'm wrong but, then again, it's just my opinion.
8-4. It is like a bad dessert after a good meal. If they get a bowl win to wash that taste out, they'll walk away pretty happy and so will the Admin. I would think.
0 x
BG
jgish92
Warrior

Post by jgish92 »

Unless USMA has changed its policies to allow students five years to graduate, Army is effectively redshirting players just like AF did.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic