Beat Navy Week!

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Beat Navy Week!

Post by WrekDivr »

Big week for the Army team this week. How are we feeling?

Personally, I am cautiously optimistic. Navy has a stout defense, particularly against the run. At times, Army has been able to move the ball even against P5 competition. I believe our coaching staff will find a way to get it done on Saturday.

On the other side of the ball, the Army D was able to stop the nation-leading rushing attack of AF and Navy is not as strong offensively. They have players who are capable of big plays, but if we can minimize those, we can hold them to a few points.

Army’s special teams have been outstanding this year and I would love to see another kick blocked Saturday.

I am expecting a close, hard fought game like we have seen over the last several years, but see Army coming out on top.

My only real concern is that when we are favored vs. Navy it has been tough sledding. 2021 comes to mind. That said, this team should know what happens if they don’t bring their very best game given our results against ULM and UMass.

BEAT NAVY!
0 x
westcoastarmyfan
Warrior

Re: Beat Navy Week!

Post by westcoastarmyfan »

What's the weather supposed to be like?
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Currently calling for high of 55 and partly cloudy.
0 x
Iguanaone76
Warrior

Post by Iguanaone76 »

Looks like i may need to find another way to catch the game if DirectTV doesn't come to agreement with CBS. Does any have suggestions for a streaming service? i understand HULU is not good.
0 x
hammerdown
Warrior

Post by hammerdown »

Iguanaone76 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:23 am Looks like i may need to find another way to catch the game if DirectTV doesn't come to agreement with CBS. Does any have suggestions for a streaming service? i understand HULU is not good.
Check out Youtube TV, they offer a trial period. I signed up to watch the Army / LSU game
that was on the SEC network. Right after the game, I cancelled the service right on the site.
Did not cost anything and was easy.
Go Army !
0 x
Iguanaone76
Warrior

Post by Iguanaone76 »

Thanks for the gouge! BEAT NAVY!
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Rankings going into the Army Navy game:

CBS Sports: Army 97, Navy 109
USA Today: Army 94, Navy 93

Surprised to see USA Today ranking Navy ahead of Army, but both have us pretty close.

Also, Bill Connelly predicts an Army win 26-17 using his SP+ ratings.
0 x
Dude69
Warrior

Post by Dude69 »

To paraphrase Forest Gump: The A/N game is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.

This year's game fits that analogy unlike OJ's hand and that black bloodied glove. It is a perfectly snug and comfortable fit.

I have no expectations for either team. But I am happy that both teams are afforded the opportunity to participate in the first bowl game of the season. Guaranteed that some flavor of the last sentence will be offered a total of not less than three times from pre-game to post game on television. What won't be said is the title of the bowl. So let's have some fun and offer some ideas. I'll go first.

The Zero Options Bowl
0 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

Dude69 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:12 am To paraphrase Forest Gump: The A/N game is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.

This year's game fits that analogy unlike OJ's hand and that black bloodied glove. It is a perfectly snug and comfortable fit.

I have no expectations for either team. But I am happy that both teams are afforded the opportunity to participate in the first bowl game of the season. Guaranteed that some flavor of the last sentence will be offered a total of not less than three times from pre-game to post game on television. What won't be said is the title of the bowl. So let's have some fun and offer some ideas. I'll go first.

The Zero Options Bowl
Queen For a Day Bowl?
0 x
Dude69
Warrior

Post by Dude69 »

Nice.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic