Thatcher to call plays for A/N game

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Thatcher to call plays for A/N game

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

I hope this is just a deception....

https://x.com/salinterdonato/status/173 ... 31939?s=20
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Thatcher to call plays for A/N game

Post by wpgrad »

Who else would you suggest we have call plays?

It is not like we have someone just sitting there who has shown they can do the job much better.
0 x
Lusk2003
Warrior

Post by Lusk2003 »

Where does Drinkall fall in all of this?
0 x
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

wpgrad wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:53 pm Who else would you suggest we have call plays?

It is not like we have someone just sitting there who has shown they can do the job much better.
cody worley called the plays against coastal carolina and that was one of the better offensive performances of the past few years
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Dong Fong '09 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:53 pm
wpgrad wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:53 pm Who else would you suggest we have call plays?

cody worley called the plays against coastal carolina and that was one of the better offensive performances of the past few years
I was being sarcastic
1 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Could just be misdirection so Navy has to at least plan for the plays out of the gun. Makes sense to make their life harder. I actually think we will see a mix of under center and Gun plays because I don’t think our under center will be as good as it was against CC.
0 x
ArmorDude
Warrior

Post by ArmorDude »

We could try to get Mike Bobo ... he did a fantastic job last weekend of pitching the ball 2 yards back on 3rd and 1.
0 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

I'll be shocked if Thatcher actually calls the plays. I guess maybe but doubtful.

Here's the reality, if we let Thatcher call the plays and we run out of Shotgun the whole game and we lose people are gonna lose their minds. If we are not under center and we lose then it's gonna be bad.

PD
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

I trust JM will do whatever he thinks will put us in the best position to win. Might or might not be popular, but I don’t think he cares about that. Frankly, neither do I. I just want to see an Army W.

I would be pretty shocked if we were under center for the entire game. If we are in the gun, my money is on Thatcher calling the plays.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

We surprised CC with the under center. We can surprise Navy with the same tactic.
Everyone says we will not surprise them because they already know it. But I think we will if we open the playbook and surprise them with fakes, reverses and anything else we have practiced for since spring ball.
Give the ball to Buchanan and Riley. Get the ball out to Robinson and Udhoe. No huddle and play fast. Wear them down in the 4th quarter like we did last year.
Forget the damn new system. The guys we have now all know how to work the under- center system.
Utilize the talent we now have instead of trying to make the team do things they have little talent to accomplish. Maybe recruit for the new system and in a couple of years, you might get it in the new talent then available.
But for heaven's sake, can this gun offense for now and get back to what you know and have been successful with it for years.
The time for experimentation is over now. It is time to beat Navy using the system that you know. If you don't change now to the old way, you will lose to Navy. If you use the under-center, you will win this game.
Example-- 5 straight defeats and no bowl game. This is the team's legacy this year. We could have won 3 more games this year but did not.
The team suffered , the fans suffered and our Head coach has realized this system , with the talent he had on hand did NOT work. Period.
I don't want to hear this crap that if we beat navy, the season was a success. No, that has already been determined. A 6-6 season is not acceptable. OK, we beat AF and Navy and the trophy will sit outside of Monken's office. That's fine but we didn't even have a winning season. It would have been far better having won 9 or 10 games with the trophy , then just 6 wins with it. We COULD have done just that !!!
I will have a smile on my face seeing the trophy again but still this program needs a hell of a lot of work to do next year and years later on if you want to look like every other damn team that runs the gun.
In reality, we lost our identity as America's team no matter we win or lose to Navy. We are not special anymore and now we join the other rag tag teams of the AAC. I am very sad and disheartened.
I never have felt this way in my 75 years being an Army fan. Maybe a win over Navy will boost me up again.
Just beat Navy. :cry:
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic