Bowl Games

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Oliphant
Warrior

Bowl Games

Post by Oliphant »

0 x
21-17!
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Bowl Games

Post by RABBLE »

Playing 2 FCS teams has cost us a bowl now for tin seasons in a row. Joining the AAC (which I do not like) will prevent us from scheduling 2 lower- level teams in future seasons.
Scheduling 1 FBS is fine but for the other open clot to fill, I don't want a powerhouse school to be on the schedule. Playing 8 AAC teams will be tough enough to play without a top 10 team coming to play us.
Joining this conference will take away from our national diversity and we will wind up playing the same teams on an annual or semi annual basis. To me that will become so boring as none of those team really mean a damn to me. Tough to get excited playing Alabama Birmingham or a Florida Atlantic or a Tulsa. Good lord.
Not paying 60 bucks a pop to watch that crap at Michie.
You win? Big deal. You lose? Big deal.
I would rather see us play Syracuse, BC, Pitt or Buffalo. Local interest? Yes, Sir.
0 x
hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

Again, I'm pretty sure that the 2d FCS team this year was due to a late back out by a FBS team. Also, playing two FCS teams didn't keep us from a bowl. Failing to beat crappy teams like UMASS and ULM kept us from going to a bowl.
1 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

So the fact is playing crappy football, and a weak schedule is not the highway to post season bowl appearances. And I agree the AAC is a bad idea or 2000-08 all over again. If people do buy tickets most of them you will find in parking lots by halftime. or buy one ticket get a parking pass and bring the family, buy tickets game day at a discount or relax in lot with Johnny Walker and Patton's bourbon. Parking holder drives home.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

hiangle6 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:11 am Again, I'm pretty sure that the 2d FCS team this year was due to a late back out by a FBS team. Also, playing two FCS teams didn't keep us from a bowl. Failing to beat crappy teams like UMASS and ULM kept us from going to a bowl.
Yup. Don't choke away games to ULM and UMass, and we are bowling.
0 x
21-17!
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

ULM bothered me, but it was the 1st game with a new system and we had all those turnovers -5.
The UMass loss was inexcusable. Team was flat, played like crap most of the game including the Defense, Daily was throwing to UMass, no seriously. I'm not sure how a team with 4 L's in a row looks past someone, but that is how it seemed to me.
0 x
BG
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic