Good lord

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Good lord

Post by wpgrad »

USMAPAFAN wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:10 pm Obviously there is some satisfaction in getting to 6-6 and winning the CIC after the way the first half of the season played out but it’s crazy to be happy with 6-6 or say you would be happy every year with 6-6 as long as we beat AF and Navy.
Go back 50 years. Tell me how many times we’ve had 6 wins and the CiC

My guess is like 7
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

As long as that trophy is sitting in front of coach's office, everything is just fine' just fine.
0 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Three cheers for mediocrity!
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

USMAPAFAN wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:47 am Three cheers for mediocrity!
I agree. While everyone is much happier with the four Ws in a row to end the season, no one was happy with the loss total. Fortunately, I don't think this coaching staff is satisfied with 6-6, and hopefully, will never be satisfied with just beating Navy and AF. Although with the advantage AF's homefield usually gives, that's a taller task.
0 x
BG
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

that pretty much sums it up. some people are just happy we have a team.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I believe we would have won 10 games this year if we ran the under center offense. ULM, UMASS.BC, and Troy. Maybe Syracuse would have been in the win column. I think JM also believed too. Personally he thought that this new system was going to work. It did not.
The LSU fiasco was a waste of time but the guarantee was very good.
Maybe instead of wins and losses, we should look at the bottom line and judge the season on it.
To me the most important thing these days is how much money you make and not how many games you win. Depressing.
In the 1940's, a ticket to a Michie game was $4.50.
The Army-Navy game was $12.50 in Philadelphia. The program was 50 cents.
Coach Paul Deitzel salary was $20,000 a year.
I know because I got the ticket stubs for all of this plus the news clippings.
Can't remember the price of a Michie hot dog though. I threw away the receipts. :? s
0 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

I agrée 100% with hybrid approach. As stated previously (maybe in another thread) would like to see the gun when offense is behind the chains and on the scoreboard. Please, no more QB keepers on 3rd and 8, and no more 6 minute drives that stall in the red zone when you’re down 3 scores in the second half.
My other concern in the role of Udoh - clearly a star in the making - in the under center scheme. Is putting a back who can gain tough yards between the tackles best utilized as a slot? Not based on what I’ve seen in the past few years. Love to see him in the wildcat - if he could actually throw a pass or two from that formation, it could really open things up.
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

RABBLE wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:55 am
I believe we would have won 10 games this year if we ran the under center offense. ULM, UMASS.BC, and Troy. Maybe Syracuse would have been in the win column. I think JM also believed too. Personally he thought that this new system was going to work. It did not.
The LSU fiasco was a waste of time but the guarantee was very good.
Maybe instead of wins and losses, we should look at the bottom line and judge the season on it.
To me the most important thing these days is how much money you make and not how many games you win. Depressing.
In the 1940's, a ticket to a Michie game was $4.50.
The Army-Navy game was $12.50 in Philadelphia. The program was 50 cents.
Coach Paul Deitzel salary was $20,000 a year.
I know because I got the ticket stubs for all of this plus the news clippings.
Can't remember the price of a Michie hot dog though. I threw away the receipts. :? s
Hindsight is not always 20/20. We wouldn't have beat Troy, Coastal Carolina, Syracuse, BC or LSU in the UC option the way the O-line was performing. Depending on Turnovers, we likely would have beat ULM and UMASS. So we could have been 7-5 instead of 6-6. Its like you are arguing we would have been better than last year simply by doing the same thing. The one game that would have changed the most is probably ULM, but only because the errant throws wouldn't have given the game away as they did.
0 x
BG
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

prideandream wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:12 pm
that pretty much sums it up. some people are just happy we have a team.
Its called being logical. After 35 years of fandom, seeing the absolute joke of a program we had. Paying money for tickets and flights to see us lose to holy cross or go 0-13 or lose to AF 9 times a decade….yes…i am thrilled with a 6-6 year and CiC

I think too many on this board have short memories. Arent grateful for what we’ve seen the last 7/8 years. Imagine, wow, we can go to an AF game and we might actually win!!

People forget that from 1989 to 2016, our 3rd best years was 1995. And we won 2 FBS games. Two

If 6-6 and the CiC each year is mediocre, sign me up
0 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

We went 6-6 last year and did not win the CIC and I don’t remember anything close to this level of negativity after last season.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic