Returning Players

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
gabn92
Warrior

Returning Players

Post by gabn92 »

I have in the back of mind that Robinson and Alston are both returning for next season...as December grads. Am I making that up, or can someone confirm the plan is for them to have another season?

Fortner had a great game...heir apparent to Lowen?

Udoh and Small have been outstanding as Plebes all season long. Excited to see them and how they will progress with a full off-season on the team.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Returning Players

Post by wpgrad »

Rob and Alston will both be back if they dont change their mind
0 x
GO 150s 87
Warrior

Post by GO 150s 87 »

Just a little insider info folks. We've probably seen the last of Alston unfortunately. I won't go into details but this comes from a highly reliable source.
0 x
gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

Bummer...he was missed down the stretch. YGlad Robinson will be back (hopefully). He hasn't returned to full form yet, it seemed to me--at least he didn't have the impact on games this year that he was having before his injury. Hopefully another off-season of conditioning and strengthening will help his confidence to return and we'll see the "old" Robinson on the field next fall.
0 x
FSUBulldog0
Warrior

Post by FSUBulldog0 »

GO 150s 87 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:10 am Just a little insider info folks. We've probably seen the last of Alston unfortunately. I won't go into details but this comes from a highly reliable source.
Looks like this is “Twitter official” now. He just tweeted that he’s leaving and entering the portal with 2 years of eligibility remaining.
0 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Alston completed 3 years at the Academy right? How can he leave without incurring some financial responsibility for his training etc? That commitment still occurs first academic class of your Cow year?
1 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

This is the second time Alston entered the portal.
1 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Alston will likely be the most sought-after Army player to enter the portal. He'll need to pass a physical, to assess whether he's completely rehabbed from whatever injury he suffered, but assuming he can do that, he has the size and the hands to be highly regarded as a WR in a pass-oriented offense - something Army has not demonstrated, even in the Gun.

Frankly, our WR's get more blocking assignments than receiving. This move makes personal sense for the young man, especially if he has NFL aspirations.

Just leave your buddy T-Rob with us this time, if you please.
0 x
hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

USMAPAFAN wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:21 pm Alston completed 3 years at the Academy right? How can he leave without incurring some financial responsibility for his training etc? That commitment still occurs first academic class of your Cow year?
I though he was a cow. I'm not up to date on the commitment requirements as they stand, but would think he has a commitment of some sort. I try not to let 18-23 year old's decisions about where they play football get me worked up, so I'll wish him the best however it works out.
0 x
giant16
Warrior

Post by giant16 »

FSUBulldog0 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:51 pm
GO 150s 87 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:10 am Just a little insider info folks. We've probably seen the last of Alston unfortunately. I won't go into details but this comes from a highly reliable source.
Looks like this is “Twitter official” now. He just tweeted that he’s leaving and entering the portal with 2 years of eligibility remaining.
So went to Alston's Twitter account to read his statement and saw Larry Robinson QB #2 is also leaving.
Best of Luck to All of them that leave, WP is a special place and not for everyone.
Thank you to all that are staying... and most important a sincere thank you to all that have served.

https://twitter.com/larryrobinson2x/sta ... 1333981672
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic