Transfer Portal

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Transfer Portal

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Watching AF vs JMU. The announcer said Eldridge of AF who is a junior has entered the transfer portal. Same situation as Alston. My takeaway is that service academies must not hold football players accountable to the rule about owing the government if you leave after the first class of your junior year. Sort of blows my mind especially if that rule still holds for non athlete cadets/midshipmen.
1 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by WrekDivr »

Watching the game, too. They mentioned that Eldridge had exhausted his eligibility at AF, but still had 2 years of football eligibility left. Perhaps he is set to graduate, but has some NCAA eligibility left. One of AF’s QBs went into the transfer portal when going to grad school once.
0 x
FSUBulldog0
Warrior

Post by FSUBulldog0 »

I think he’s hoping to go to grad school and play at grad school. Air Force had a punter go to grad school at Alabama and a former QB (Isaiah Sanders) play at Stanford in recent years. Personally I’d OK with it if these players were going to be allowed to go to grad school anyway.
0 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Am I missing something. These guys are supposed to take commissions and become LTs. Grad school shouldn’t be an option. The Academies aren’t there to fill other schools with MBA candidates.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I am SO AGAINST the Transfer Portal I can hardly write a word which is unusual for me.
But dammit, this crap has got to stop immediately. It is ruining college football.

You want to transfer? OK, then SIT OUT A YEAR or go get a job.
0 x
FSUBulldog0
Warrior

Post by FSUBulldog0 »

So far it doesn’t look like many of our players are finding their way to better situations in the college football landscape. Champ Harris is headed to community college which is a level that is really taking a hit from the open transfer market in 4-year ball. The plebe LB is headed to San Diego State which is pretty lateral as the MW is probably about even with the AAC and you don’t have a guaranteed job graduating from there like you do at West Point. Hunter Roddy is headed to FBS while Larry Robinson and Isaiah Alston and Larry Robinson haven’t announced where they will transfer to. Spring semesters are starting at most schools pretty soon so guys will have to make decisions quickly if they decide to leave and not take themselves out of the portal. The grass isn’t always greener.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

FSUBulldog0 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:07 pm So far it doesn’t look like many of our players are finding their way to better situations in the college football landscape. Champ Harris is headed to community college which is a level that is really taking a hit from the open transfer market in 4-year ball. The plebe LB is headed to San Diego State which is pretty lateral as the MW is probably about even with the AAC and you don’t have a guaranteed job graduating from there like you do at West Point. Hunter Roddy is headed to FBS while Larry Robinson and Isaiah Alston and Larry Robinson haven’t announced where they will transfer to. Spring semesters are starting at most schools pretty soon so guys will have to make decisions quickly if they decide to leave and not take themselves out of the portal. The grass isn’t always greener.
Let those guys who want to leave, LEAVE !!!!
I don't want to read about these guys who quit the academy to play for somebody else. They all think they are gods gift to the football world. All they are doing is keeping out a new cadet from being accepted to the finest leadership school in the country. I don't want to hear reasons.They all QUIT.
0 x
ArmyBN82
Warrior

Post by ArmyBN82 »

I found it interesting that over the last 3+ years Air Force consistently has around nine people transfer out. This year see we have six but normally we and Navy are lower. Does anyone know what is behind that?
https://247sports.com/college/air-force ... nkey=24078
0 x
giant16
Warrior

Post by giant16 »

Thanks for the link. Looked up Army and Alston is listed as committing to Iowa State...
He posted on his X Account his commitment ~ 50 minutes ago.
https://twitter.com/AlstonIsaiah

Others:
https://247sports.com/college/air-force ... nkey=24062
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

ArmyBN82 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:35 am I found it interesting that over the last 3+ years Air Force consistently has around nine people transfer out. This year see we have six but normally we and Navy are lower. Does anyone know what is behind that?
https://247sports.com/college/air-force ... nkey=24078
As an owner of a mid-size business for 40 years, I appreciated LOYALTY of my employees. I treated them well and I treated them well. No one ever quit on me except for retirement. I had a great 40 years. Most of them said I was the best boss they ever had. I am not blowing my own horn but it was said to me by them that I was the best. Felt good.
Honestly to see these players roam from one school to another is appalling to me and it makes me sick as hell to see this happen.
Loyalty to God, Country, Family, School or anything else good is essential both on my part and others. I guess many have forgot these qualities.
I have not and never will. You live long enough; you will realize it. This transfer rule should have consequences. Apparently, it does not as it is now written.
If it hurts the academies, the rule is no good. It DOES hurt the academies for sure. Heartbreaking to me. It is unfair like a lot of things in this world.
1 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic