Navy Hires ex-Mercer HC as OC

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Navy Hires ex-Mercer HC as OC

Post by RABBLE »

wpgrad wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:46 pm Regarding the hire, time will tell. There was more than 1 Army fan over the last few years that wanted us to go after the Kennesaw guys to include chestnut. There were many people who thought the chestnut hire was A plus (navy stole the option kennesaw OC away from Army who just fired Davis!!!!!).

9 months later, the guy is fired.

On the one head the mercer guy seems to have success, on the other hand his stops have been in mercer and furman and some place called Rheinhardt which might be a shut down army base in Germany from the cold war.

And...I think navy might fall prey to the "lets get cute with the new guy" kind of attitude where as I think Worley is 100% focused on "these are the 12 plays that work in triple option and lets get really really good at these" kind of mindset.

Also....We will play ND at ND on November 23rd.
Of course we will play ND AT ND!!! Where the hell else would you play Notre Dame?
At Michie?
Yeah sure. More glory for that Program. Why punish ourselves for the indignation of playing for those guys?
Haven't we had enough of that crap? At least play a team that we might have somewhat a chance to be competitive.
It's been 66 years since we last beat that team.
Why are we scheduling them again?
Oh yes. It's the MONEY. We sure aren't playing them for a damn thing else.
I'm getting not to like our Athletic Director. BULLDUST!!
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic