Coaching carousel

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
gabn92
Warrior

Coaching carousel

Post by gabn92 »

With Saban's retirement...and presumably Harbaugh's move to the NFL pending...there are more coaching changes coming in the college landscape. As these 2 major programs make their decisions, there will be ripple effects in other programs as depart to fill these vacancies.

What's your comfort level with the Army staff that they're set for next year and we don't lose anyone? I'm not overly concerned, but you just never know how this will all shake out. Would love to see the Monken-Woody-Worley team stay set at this point for some continuity heading into the off-season and prepping for next year.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Coaching carousel

Post by wpgrad »

0.0000001% chance
0 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

I would think Woody or Daryl Dixon would be the two guys at greatest risk. Especially if we are talking about P5/P4 changes. Pretty sure Drew Thatcher isn't at risk to leave for a better opportunity or anyone on the offensive side for that matter. There will likely be a good amount of movement around Power 4 programs but that may depend on exactly where Bama and UM source their next coach. Tons of movement at Colorado. But seems like there is less head coach turnover than last year but more at bigger schools TAMU, Bama, Michigan. I could be wrong but that's my gut. Those schools are going to take pretty elite coaches. If we lose someone it's likely to another G5 school or maybe a coordinator at a lower level. Be interesting for sure.

PD
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

It is amazing with all this movement in the coaching ranks. The transfer portal will make your head spin just waiting for the next move.
Years ago, you did not have all this turmoil and flux. I don't think anybody knows who is going where which makes a pre-season ranking of anything impossible. To me, I would not read or hear of anything until a week before fall camp. Just way too much. The pros too. Mind boggling .
0 x
gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

wpgrad wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:56 am 0.0000001% chance

I agree a change isn't likely...but with Deboer now leaving Washington for Alabama and Leipold's name already being mentioned as a possible candidate to replace him at Washington...you probably need to adjust the decimal place a few spots.

Hopefully Washington and Michigan hire within and the ripple effects don't go too far, but if other head coach vacancies start opening up as the dominos fall, it could get a little interesting.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Kansas isn’t replacing their coach with a guy who has won 8 fbs games in the last 2 years
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I guess when you sign a contract, that contract means nothing. Not worth the paper it is written on as they say.
Try to break a contract means in some places, you will be sued or something worse and lose your position in the end anyway.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic