BC Coach status

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
OptionThis
Warrior

BC Coach status

Post by OptionThis »

Make of it what you will but between this report and others JM is not only a finalist but has interviewed for the BC job and may do so again. Bill O’Brien though is the clear front runner. Announcement expected this week.

https://www.bcinterruption.com/2024/2/7 ... t-patriots
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: BC Coach status

Post by wpgrad »

These “reports” always have links to “other reports” that are linked to the original “report.” Its all speculation and bullshi&

BC isnt hiring a coach 11-13 in his last two years including losing to BC
0 x
OptionThis
Warrior

Post by OptionThis »

Agree, for those reasons and others, it appears the BC job will be O'Brien's to turn down.

IF true, (and I get it a HUGE IF) the possibility that JM is interviewing for the position - probably the worst in the ACC with a flaccid fan base in a northern city that has zero interest in college sports and most likely a program that will not make the cut for those that end up in the Power 5 group in the big time - is of most interest. Same with Calhoun who is also reported to have interviewed in Chestnut Hill.
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

OptionThis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:14 am Agree, for those reasons and others, it appears the BC job will be O'Brien's to turn down.

IF true, (and I get it a HUGE IF) the possibility that JM is interviewing for the position - probably the worst in the ACC with a flaccid fan base in a northern city that has zero interest in college sports and most likely a program that will not make the cut for those that end up in the Power 5 group in the big time - is of most interest. Same with Calhoun who is also reported to have interviewed in Chestnut Hill.
Interesting take. As I recall, and it has been a while, BC Fans were pretty much all-in. Would the power 5 leave out the Northeast US? Maybe, IDK, but BC's nearest competition for fans is Syracuse isn't it? I wouldn't think JM is on too many teams hot list given the last two years finishing at .500 against weaker competition than BC faces year in and year out, but I can see JM taking the offer and opportunity to work with a bigger budget and, at least on paper, a bit better talent.
0 x
BG
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Really, I can't take much more of this annual intrigue of Coach Monken leaving or staying. I know he just
signed an extension on his contract thru the 2027 season but contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. What is the only thing about this annual angst for me is exactly that- ANGEST !! :roll:
All the print we get in the off season are reporters looking for some fresh news writing on conjecture. Maybe I should not be so darn interested in the small stuff but again I read it all looking always for the big stuff.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic