And the 2024 winner of our formerly prestigious Thayer Award....

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ARMORMAN
Warrior

And the 2024 winner of our formerly prestigious Thayer Award....

Post by ARMORMAN »

as announced by our formerly esteemed Association of Graduates...

is...

Barack Hussain Obama.

And I just have no words.
1 x
armymule
Warrior

Re: And the 2024 winner of our formerly prestigious Thayer Award....

Post by armymule »

ridiculous
Last edited by armymule on Fri May 31, 2024 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Absolutely awful selection. Obama is a disgrace to our American way of life.
Why is everybody always pandering to people like him. To disgrace the Thayer Award like picking this guy is a slap in the face to all of the previous winners.
By the way, who selects the winner? Get rid of that person. WP does not need him or her.
0 x
Pokey92
Warrior

Post by Pokey92 »

I'll ask the same question I've asked before.....what does this have to do with Army football?
2 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Sports are woven into the fabric of the school it represents. Army football and all sports should mirror the school. The Thayer Award is a prestigious West Point tradition and it is highly viewed associated with West Point. You choose a poor recipient winner of that award, it cast a shadow on the entire institution. It thus affects the entire fabric of the football team and all the other things in which the school is trying to portray.
In my opinion, Obama does not mirror the values that the academy should be showing.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Pokey92 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:50 pm I'll ask the same question I've asked before.....what does this have to do with Army football?
Agree 100%. I can get political rants from more places than I care to. Don’t need it here.
3 x
rog66
Warrior

Post by rog66 »

RABBLE wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:11 pm Absolutely awful selection. Obama is a disgrace to our American way of life.
Why is everybody always pandering to people like him. To disgrace the Thayer Award like picking this guy is a slap in the face to all of the previous winners.
By the way, who selects the winner? Get rid of that person. WP does not need him or her.
As usually you're 100% on the mark again Rabble. Obama doesn't even deserve a participation trophy. Next year's winner will be Biden to complete the fruit loop.
1 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

Did the "Corpse" of Cadets have any say in the matter? A malaprop for the ages!
1 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

First they remove DUTY HONOR COUNTRY now this, the military is going woke and we are going to pay the price. Using the courts to influence elections calls for government takeover of utility company, reducing fossil fuels and thereby increasing cost, and now this. And the biggest hippocrit of all is my USMA grad Congressman in upstate NY check his background. RBM
1 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic