Athlon Sports’ AAC Preview

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Athlon Sports’ AAC Preview

Post by WrekDivr »

Athlon has Army finishing 5th in the AAC this year, with Memphis beating out UTSA for the championship. They have Navy finishing 10th.

Suggestion: if this post makes you want to gripe about joining the AAC, please see Rabble’s “Sad Day” thread.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... redictions
1 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Re: Athlon Sports’ AAC Preview

Post by neumanna1 »

I think I’d be fine with a 5th place finish. It’s such a hard thing to gauge being a totally new team in the conference, but fifth seems like it’d be pretty good this year.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Athlon Sports’ AAC Preview

Post by RABBLE »

According to this writer, we are not going to be a contender this year in the AAC.
I have collected about 1,500 of these pre-season magazines since the 1940's and in those days, there were at least 50 or more covering every team you could think of before the splitting into the divisions by the NCAA .
Always interesting back then before the birth of the internet since there was not any other outlet for an info on your team besides the occasional off -season article in your newspaper.
Today, the magazines that remain are pretty much useless because by the time they are printed and distributed, they are out of date.
I would not rely on the content since of the early date of publication but by also the Transfer Portal being so much in flux, that no one knows who is going where in schools anymore until the last second negating any early reports.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic