Air Force game SOLD OUT

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Air Force game SOLD OUT

Post by RABBLE »

Naturally, the Air Force game is a sellout. We get 1 game in 2 years that always goes quickly. Let us see if any AAC game at Michie goes the same way and even with a reduced seating capacity due to construction.

By the way a picture or two showing the progress on the east stands would be appreciated.
0 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Re: Air Force game SOLD OUT

Post by rbmarmy »

I don't know and maybe stuck in the past, but I just got an email from A-club on how I can sell my excess tickets on some service. So does this mean they want us to front the money and then re-sell at a profit on a game to game basis or perhaps take risk of game being undesirable, at worse. I would think they would not want fans to compete with them, but what do I know this may be a new economic order. Any Thoughts?
0 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

As for a picture of the east stands ....It looks similar to pictures of the Middle East or Keiv Ukraine
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

rbmarmy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:24 am I don't know and maybe stuck in the past, but I just got an email from A-club on how I can sell my excess tickets on some service. So does this mean they want us to front the money and then re-sell at a profit on a game to game basis or perhaps take risk of game being undesirable, at worse. I would think they would not want fans to compete with them, but what do I know this may be a new economic order. Any Thoughts?
It’s pretty standard. Most teams have deals with specific ticket re-sellers (StubHub, SeatGeek, etc.) to be the preferred reseller of tickets. I don’t know if there’s any specific benefit to the ticket holder except maybe ease of use.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

Basically they know people are going to re-sell tickets they can’t go to online, often times at below face value. I never buy tickets to anything directly until I’ve checked StubHub and Seatgeek first to see if they’re cheaper than buying directly. And for most Army games, my guess is they’re going to be. So they’d rather make a deal with a company and at least get some kind of money out of it. People are going to buy online instead of directly through West Point either way, unless it’s a rare occasion where the secondary market is more expensive, in which case the game is probably sold-out anyway.
0 x
armyftball
Warrior

Post by armyftball »

rbmarmy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:24 am I don't know and maybe stuck in the past, but I just got an email from A-club on how I can sell my excess tickets on some service. So does this mean they want us to front the money and then re-sell at a profit on a game to game basis or perhaps take risk of game being undesirable, at worse. I would think they would not want fans to compete with them, but what do I know this may be a new economic order. Any Thoughts?
My head is stuck in the past too.
I thought it wasnt legal to buy tickets at face value then resell them at high prices.
Does anyone know the rules on that?
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I always bought my tickets thru West Point. For decades I always did that back thru the 1950's. No hassle, no fuss. I felt supporting the program and the school was paramount to anything else. About 200 games home and away.
The trouble today is the cost which outstripped my funds. It is like a lot of things today in the world. You love it but cannot afford it, especially when a Michie ticket was $4.75 in the 50's (Thats right and I have the ticket stubs to prove it today) plus an A/N ticket to Municipal Stadium in Philly was $12.50 per ducat.
Of course, inflation has changed those amounts to today's prices but STILL, today's prices have gone further wacky.
Paul Deitzel made 20K when he coached the team in the 1960's. Today, Jeff makes over 2 million plus incentives.
Somebody has to pay the freight.
1 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

And at one time it was illegal to bet football games. now you can do on internet, they put the bookies out of business but created a more lucrative one, where the professionals profit. I can remember giving the kids in Howze field the extra tickets to try and sell when I had extras ,,,,,65 years later still showing up. Listen to me on the internet " Kingston Community Radio" WGHQ 92 this Thursday at 8 AM I will be talking Army Football with host you can call in Rabble , or anyone else Armorman Pride and Dream et al 845-331-9255 only good rbmarmy
1 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

RABBLE wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:28 pm I always bought my tickets thru West Point. For decades I always did that back thru the 1950's. No hassle, no fuss. I felt supporting the program and the school was paramount to anything else. About 200 games home and away.
The trouble today is the cost which outstripped my funds. It is like a lot of things today in the world. You love it but cannot afford it, especially when a Michie ticket was $4.75 in the 50's (Thats right and I have the ticket stubs to prove it today) plus an A/N ticket to Municipal Stadium in Philly was $12.50 per ducat.
Of course, inflation has changed those amounts to today's prices but STILL, today's prices have gone further wacky.
Paul Deitzel made 20K when he coached the team in the 1960's. Today, Jeff makes over 2 million plus incentives.
Somebody has to pay the freight.
Ducat.

I love using that word nowadays. It was common stock in the 1920s and 30s.
0 x
21-17!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic