Attendance

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Attendance

Post by RABBLE »

I hope there is a decent crowd at Michie for the Rice game. It could be if the weather is good.
Of course, the visiting crowd from Houston will be almost non-existent as probably only a few parents will make that long trip. If you are a super- dooper fan , you might make the trip, but still the cost of travel, lodging and food will not make folks run to the airport.
We travel to Tulsa, Oklahoma later and the same scenario will apply. Only a few will go.
To me that is sad. I remember those days when the regional and good programs across the country would fill Michie and this was after the east stands were up by 1962. Even field seats at each end zone were jam packed. Today, no more field seats, just advertising adorns that area. Oh yes, with the possibility of those signs could injure a player running full speed into and out of the end zones.
If you don't believe me, just look at some old 1960's Army game film.
You look at other games and the stands are overflowing and a hell of a lot more seats at other venues. It makes Army look like a division 3 school sometimes.
50 miles from the largest city in the US, and we can't fill the place even with a reduced seating capacity due to the construction. Man, that is embarrassing to me anyway.
0 x