A Very Happy New Year

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

A Very Happy New Year

Post by RABBLE »

One of my favorite things I do now as an old retired stiff, is to post on this forum.
I would rather complain on this forum instead of to my beloved wife. ;)
You guys are all beloved too in a sense. But since all of you I do not know you personally, you are so far away You can not thro a punch at me. Besides I'm too fragile for that.
Thank you too our moderator who controls all of us.
Thanks to you all for making this old guy a very happy man. :P :P :P
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Re: A Very Happy New Year

Post by kfan12 »

Happy New Year Rab!
0 x
BG
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Rabble=greatest army fan of all time!!!
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

wpgrad wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:38 am Rabble=greatest army fan of all time!!!
wpgrad--
Thank You so very much for your kind post.
For two years now, I have been trying my heart out to DONATE my vast and I really mean vast collection to West Point from practically everything that the academy has produced from 1945 to the present regarding the Army Football program. Every item is Chronology listed on library shelving taking up two full rooms in my home. Some of my material goes all the way back to 1890 when Army began its long journey in the game of football.
1,600 game programs
80,000 individual copies of EVERY game from the beginning in 150 3-inch binders.
All media guides from the time they were produced.
EVERY Army sportsletters made before the web arrived.
Over 1,000 football pre-season annuals.
ticket stubs from the 1940's to the present and all preserved in plastic in binders.
Autographs of Doc, Glenn, Max Minor and many others.
All this and much more ,organized and protected on library shelving

It has been a lifelong hobby of mine, ever since the very first day I saw my first game on TV actually during the GOLDEN YEARS of WEST POINT FOOTBALL.
I told my dad then, I would be an Army Football fan until the Good Lord takes me.
I was 7 then and now I am 85.
I want to find a good home for my collection and have offered it all thru a 100% donation. I could probably sell it all to a collector but why?
These many years, I have already been paid for all the enjoyment I have received thru over 200 home and away games from Boston to Haw'aii and many places in-between.
I'm getting on in years and have tirelessy tried WP to contact me but I have not been able to get anyone interested in my donation. I have literally tried ever source but to no avail.
I'm down about it because I am nearing the end and it sure would feel wonderful if someone would at least want it all. I keep trying though. ;) ;) ;)
1 x
apgarme
Warrior

Post by apgarme »

Hi Rab - I agree that you are the greatest fan of all time. I am a good fan, but not a great one. Here are some thoughts reference your historical material:

Writers sometimes like historical things for research for their books. I don't know if Joe Dineen is still alive, but he wrote a book called the "Illustrated History of Sports at the United States Military Academy". He or his colleagues might have use for your collection.

Have you tried John Feinstein, the author of "A Civil War, Army versus Navy". Mr. Feinstein is currently a very successful sports columnist and a Navy fan. To his credit, he provided a very balanced look at the Army-Navy game in his book.

Have you tried the College Football Hall of Fame?

I hope that you find a home for your collection. Like you, I am a die hard, so I feel that I know how precious this collection is to you.

Good luck
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

apgarme wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:56 am Hi Rab - I agree that you are the greatest fan of all time. I am a good fan, but not a great one. Here are some thoughts reference your historical material:

Writers sometimes like historical things for research for their books. I don't know if Joe Dineen is still alive, but he wrote a book called the "Illustrated History of Sports at the United States Military Academy". He or his colleagues might have use for your collection.

Have you tried John Feinstein, the author of "A Civil War, Army versus Navy". Mr. Feinstein is currently a very successful sports columnist and a Navy fan. To his credit, he provided a very balanced look at the Army-Navy game in his book.

Have you tried the College Football Hall of Fame?

I hope that you find a home for your collection. Like you, I am a die hard, so I feel that I know how precious this collection is to you.

Good luck
Hi apgarme-
Thank You for your post. Your suggeations will be helpful. I will explore every possibility. Somebody out there would love all I have, I'm sure.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic