Is Troy looking?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
AirCav07
Warrior

Re: Is Troy looking?

Post by AirCav07 »

According to that article, it says that Monken interviewed too. Is Tulane really an "upgrade" from Army or Air Force? I don't think so, but maybe I'm out of touch with the current landscape.
0 x
Sapperghost
Warrior

Post by Sapperghost »

In another article, written by the same author, the tone was a little bit different. He stated that Tulane reached out to Coach and Calhoun to gauge interest in an interview. Funny, although the timing may just be when openings occur, but Coach Monken seems to be in the news a lot the week of the big game. Who knows? At any rate, looking forward to Saturday and hopeful for a blowout.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Most of these “journalists” dont know anything. Trash online writers trying to get clicks. And most job openings start with ADs calling around, gauging interest, getting referrals, etc

I’m not saying monken isnt looking. But i give very very little weight to this kind of stuff. Throw 10 names at a wall and hope one sticks
1 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

If winning against Army as a huge underdog wasn't enough to save Terry Bowden's job at ULM, just imagine the consequences of losing as a heavy favorite vs. the BK's on your way to the CIC. Coach TC probably started his job search a split second after his split second handshake with Coach JM at midfield.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

As I've said, most of these "journalist" columns on this turn out to be utter bullsh*t when you go back and look at them. Throw 15 names at the wall and hope one hits.

Troy will use this "interview" to leverage a raise from AF which will be page 19 news in February.

Tulane is hiring the troy coach sumrall. Former Asst, etc. and he'll triple his salary.

Zero chance they hire monken.
0 x
oldgrad74
Warrior

Post by oldgrad74 »

Are we forgetting that Coach Monken just signed an extension or thinking it doesn’t matter.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic