Good lord

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ArmorDude
Warrior

Re: Good lord

Post by ArmorDude »

wpgrad wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:08 am CiC trophy. First win over ranked team in 51 years. All time classic navy game. 4 straight wins to end season as we enter the AAC

Equals

“Wasted year”

Got it
Yes. The team fell far short of where it could have been.

Yeah, that win against air force was a good one! And all time classic game? The 95 game was classic. This was painful.

Do you happen to watch any games from the SEC or Big 10? Just trying to understand your perspective.

Can you imagine calling the SEC championship game and then having to call that crap and make it sound interesting?
1 x
dillondobies
Warrior

Post by dillondobies »

I apologize to Daily for referring to him as Bailey and Baily. Bailey is the name of my dog. I like Daily and my dog, but still would like to see Daily in a more appropriate role next year.
0 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

ArmorDude wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:36 pm
wpgrad wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:08 am CiC trophy. First win over ranked team in 51 years. All time classic navy game. 4 straight wins to end season as we enter the AAC

Equals

“Wasted year”

Got it

Yeah, that win against air force was a good one! And all time classic game? The 95 game was classic. This was painful.

Do you happen to watch any games from the SEC or Big 10? Just trying to understand your perspective.

Can you imagine calling the SEC championship game and then having to call that crap and make it sound interesting?
Just want to understand. Are you truly comparing the Army and Navy squads to SEC and Big Ten athletes?

Really?

If so----talk about a perspective out of whack.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

thedoc85 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:18 pm

Equals

“Wasted year”

Got it

Just want to understand. Are you truly comparing the Army and Navy squads to SEC and Big Ten athletes?

Really?

Lol on comparing any army navy game to the SEC championship. I mean, come on
1 x
ArmorDude
Warrior

Post by ArmorDude »

Equals

“Wasted year”

Got it

Really?

If you read the post, I did not compare the two. I'm just wondering how anyone could call that game a classic unless they only watch Army football. What we watched yesterday was hardly a classic. It was Army getting a lead and holding on for dear life while it tried to give the game away.

In any event, my main point was that there was a lot of talent on this team this year, and we were held back by coaching and a "offense" that hardly scored any points. So our talent was "wasted" even though we caught some breaks.

Happy to have the CIC trophy back home, but we have to get better.
1 x
ArmorDude
Warrior

Post by ArmorDude »

wpgrad wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:33 pm

Really?

Lol on comparing any army navy game to the SEC championship. I mean, come on
Yeah, that would be funny if someone had actually made the comparision.
0 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

I did read your post------and I believe you were comparing the two. You were wondering how anyone could call that game a classic after watching the SEC Championship. (By the way----the Big Ten Championship was a total sh**show.)

In all sports----there are all kinds of "classic". A 1-0 pitchers duel can be a classic----as can an 11-10 slugfest.

I suspect you're saying that a "classic" has to be judged by the level of talent involved. And no, the talent displayed yesterday wasn't as scintillating as other games I've seen. But any game with this much import that ends up on the one yard line with time expiring? Hard to beat in terms of heart stopping action.

And I agree with you. I'm also happy to have the CIC where it belongs-----and I feel we will have to get better with the change in our schedule to come.
1 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

wpgrad wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:46 pm Commander in chief. First win over ranked team since 1972. Top 5 ending of army navy in history. Blew out 8-0 Air Force. Won our last 4 games after starting 2-6. Team filled with kids who never quit after a few bad losses. As posted a month ago, probably the 7th best season we’ve had in 3 decades……

And you wanna bitch about this?
6-6 and beating a bad navy team and a gift from AFA is not my bar for success.

ULM and UMASS are both awful teams we lost to. Awful teams.

BC and Troy both beatable.

Multiple games with zero points and halve and halves without a touchdown offensively.

40+ bowl games equals over 80 teams in bowls.

Congrats on your trophy but in the big scheme of things this team and season is not even mediocre.

I expect to win more than we lose. I expect to beat Navy and Air Force. I expect to play in a bowl. We failed 2 out of 3.

But let’s get to the root of the issue

Monken changes offenses to be more competitive and we are not. In fact we are worse.

We scored 246 points this year
2022 we scored 343 points
2021 we scored 427 points
Even when we went 2-10 in 2015 offense put up more points.

The numbers don’t lie. And that includes 50+ points on Delaware state. That’s how bad this thing is. You didnt like the old offense there’s no way you like this shit show. And it got no better all year long minus the coastal game.

This offense made little difference vs navy. 1 touchdown. ONE. AND THEY ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM.

PD
2 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

prideandream wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:02 pm
wpgrad wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:46 pm Commander in chief. First win over ranked team since 1972. Top 5 ending of army navy in history. Blew out 8-0 Air Force. Won our last 4 games after starting 2-6. Team filled with kids who never quit after a few bad losses. As posted a month ago, probably the 7th best season we’ve had in 3 decades……

Multiple games with zero points and halve and halves without a touchdown offensively.

Congrats on your trophy but in the big scheme of things this team and season is not even mediocre.

I expect to win more than we lose. I expect to beat Navy and Air Force. I expect to play in a bowl. We failed 2 out of 3.

Monken changes offenses to be more competitive and we are not. In fact we are worse.

The numbers don’t lie. And that includes 50+ points on Delaware state. That’s how bad this thing is. You didnt like the old offense there’s no way you like this shit show. And it got no better all year long minus the coastal game.

This offense made little difference vs navy. 1 touchdown. ONE. AND THEY ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM.

PD
I swear some of you all just forget what the 1990's through 2015 was like. From 1990 to 2000, we were 1-9 versus AF. From 2000-2010, we were 1-9 versus AF. We lost 14 in a row to Navy.

We've won 5 of last 7 versus AF which has happened NONE times, we've won 6 of 8 versus Navy which is as good a run as we have had EVER.

Since 2017, we have won 4 CiC's. That is the same amount we won from 1978 to 2016.

and all of you on here are like oh we aren't good. we aren't beating good teams.

In the last 5 years Air Force is 42-14!!!!! And we have beat them 3 of the 5 years.

What is god's name are you guys watching?

I don't know what you guys are watching and you darn sure have forgotten what it was like in the 1990's and 2000' and early 2010's...
1 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

wpgrad wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:54 pm
prideandream wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:02 pm

PD
I swear some of you all just forget what the 1990's through 2015 was like. From 1990 to 2000, we were 1-9 versus AF. From 2000-2010, we were 1-9 versus AF. We lost 14 in a row to Navy.

We've won 5 of last 7 versus AF which has happened NONE times, we've won 6 of 8 versus Navy which is as good a run as we have had EVER.

Since 2017, we have won 4 CiC's. That is the same amount we won from 1978 to 2016.

and all of you on here are like oh we aren't good. we aren't beating good teams.

In the last 5 years Air Force is 42-14!!!!! And we have beat them 3 of the 5 years.

What is god's name are you guys watching?

I don't know what you guys are watching and you darn sure have forgotten what it was like in the 1990's and 2000' and early 2010's...
Agree 10,000%. And we did it this year with a brand new offensive scheme (which I think is the real issue for some). I would like to see us get better, win more games and go to a bowl, but the glass is absolutely half full (maybe more) here.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic