AWFUL

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

AWFUL

Post by RABBLE »

Did you see the photo of Notre Dame's Uniform For their 'Shamrock Series" game with Army?

Dark Blue Jerseys with and get this, white Yankee PIN Stripe pants to go along with it.

Absolutely the WORST outfit I have ever seen in my 77 years following college football.

Are you kidding me? Talk about being a BLOWHARD stunt in their public relations department out there in South Bend. That is so laughable it makes me want to throw up. Talk about sucking up to the home- town Yankee crowd and the 90% Irish fans who will show up for this travesty of a game and then pay 3-4 hundred bucks on a baseball field with lousy site lines. Man, I fell into this trap once before and NEVER again.
Who the hell are we playing? The New York Yankees baseball club or the Notre Dame Football "Shamrockers"?

Hey, do we really have to play a team like this who pulls crap like this?

I know I would like to play a team like Georgia. True instead, a bad whipping but at leaty the Bulldogs would not embarrass their opponent like what Notre Dame is going to do.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Re: AWFUL

Post by neumanna1 »

Not that I understand being in Hysterics either way, but the pants they’re wearing for the game are blue, not white with pinstripes.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
3 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I'm not color blind. They were white on my screen, just like the Yankees wear.
I likearguements over colors.

Hey, Armourman, your Z button stuck?
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
1 x
apgarme
Warrior

Post by apgarme »

Rab - In addtion to loving Army, I have been a Notre Dame fan all my life. I am what is known in ND circles as "subway alumnus." I have 3 things to say reference ND.

- If ND is fortunate enough to stop our option, ND will not run up the score as did the classless Brian Kelly and LSU last season.

- At least ND has the guts to play against our option. Remember that Tennessee broke its contract to play us a few years ago. The break caused us to scramble to get a new opponent on that date. I believe we had to put a Division 1AA team on the schedule as a replacement.

- ND always wears a highly varied uniform for Shamrock Classic games. If ND is pandering to NY, it is because of its long affiliation with "subway alumni".

Go Army Go ND (except when ND plays Army)
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

apgarme wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:03 pm Rab - In addtion to loving Army, I have been a Notre Dame fan all my life. I am what is known in ND circles as "subway alumnus." I have 3 things to say reference ND.

- If ND is fortunate enough to stop our option, ND will not run up the score as did the classless Brian Kelly and LSU last season.

- At least ND has the guts to play against our option. Remember that Tennessee broke its contract to play us a few years ago. The break caused us to scramble to get a new opponent on that date. I believe we had to put a Division 1AA team on the schedule as a replacement.

- ND always wears a highly varied uniform for Shamrock Classic games. If ND is pandering to NY, it is because of its long affiliation with "subway alumni".

I'm an old guy who remembers those war years when the Bronx fans called the Army team a bunch of "draft dodgers" before being at WP instead of in combat. I was a kid then and that got to me even at that age.
Those draft dodgers as the fans chanted then where 6-7 years later lay dead on the battlefield of Korea.
They were no draft dodgers.
Heck, Notre Dame is a fine school. My only brother graduated from there. It's just my feeling today that at one time, the ND president acclaimed 20 years ago in public that "College football needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs college football."
I refute that to my most inner core. If it not for Army giving a game to a tiny Catholic school from the Midwest in 1913, Notre Dame would still be a tiny dot in the Midwestern landscape.
Yet even today, Notre Dame will not give us a game at Michie Stadium because our place is just too small.
We played at Yale a few years back to honor the 100 year-old Yale Bowl and to honor the great rivalry between Army and Yale decades ago. Why did Notre Dame not do the same thing when we could have played at our place in 2013 to honor that great Army- Notre Dame game?
I guess honor rates less with that school than money.
This is not a religious thing. I am a Catholic but am embarrassed because the school is just not being honorable and to me it really shows their true color in all of this. To me, very sad and disappointed because my brothe'rs school is just not all they could be.
We play ND this year in a stadium which is a baseball venue as THEIR home game , 50 miles from West Point with 90% of the fans rooting for them and as a heavy favorite.
I blame WP too for falling for the money and taking that game. We will get little out of it besides a paycheck but be another laughing stock in our own market.
I would never, ever play Notre Dame again until they play us at Michie.
Why? It is the Honorable thing to do. This whole situation cuts me terribly.
I say no more on this.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

apgarme, stop feeding the gnome, unless you somehow enjoy hearing the same, tired, worn, never-changing BABBLE over and over and over and over...

Fact is, as any unbiased football historian knows, ARMY/NOTRE DAME is legend. This game puts us squarely back in the national spotlight in an era where many wonderful old rivalries are dead or dying, and with a little irish luck, we could pull off a repeat of '95 plus 1 yard...

Opposite all the above BABBLING.... the Army coach, the Army players, and a helluva lot of Army fans are eagerly anticipating this celebration of 100 years since Grantland Rice's "4 Horsemen"...

Bring it on.
3 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

RABBLE wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:16 am
apgarme wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:03 pm Rab - In addtion to loving Army, I have been a Notre Dame fan all my life. I am what is known in ND circles as "subway alumnus." I have 3 things to say reference ND.

I'm an old guy who remembers those war years when the Bronx fans called the Army team a bunch of "draft dodgers" before being at WP instead of in combat. I was a kid then and that got to me even at that age.
Those draft dodgers as the fans chanted then where 6-7 years later lay dead on the battlefield of Korea.
They were no draft dodgers.
Heck, Notre Dame is a fine school. My only brother graduated from there. It's just my feeling today that at one time, the ND president acclaimed 20 years ago in public that "College football needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs college football."
I refute that to my most inner core. If it not for Army giving a game to a tiny Catholic school from the Midwest in 1913, Notre Dame would still be a tiny dot in the Midwestern landscape.
Yet even today, Notre Dame will not give us a game at Michie Stadium because our place is just too small.
We played at Yale a few years back to honor the 100 year-old Yale Bowl and to honor the great rivalry between Army and Yale decades ago. Why did Notre Dame not do the same thing when we could have played at our place in 2013 to honor that great Army- Notre Dame game?
I guess honor rates less with that school than money.
This is not a religious thing. I am a Catholic but am embarrassed because the school is just not being honorable and to me it really shows their true color in all of this. To me, very sad and disappointed because my brothe'rs school is just not all they could be.
We play ND this year in a stadium which is a baseball venue as THEIR home game , 50 miles from West Point with 90% of the fans rooting for them and as a heavy favorite.
I blame WP too for falling for the money and taking that game. We will get little out of it besides a paycheck but be another laughing stock in our own market.
I would never, ever play Notre Dame again until they play us at Michie.
Why? It is the Honorable thing to do. This whole situation cuts me terribly.
I say no more on this.

I'm taking bets on his last sentence.
2 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic