Pre-season prediction thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Pre-season prediction thread

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

Less than a week away from our opener now. Curious what you all are thinking about this year’s team. Personally, I’m optimistic.

9-3 ish and CIC champs. Going bowling.

I also think we will compete with, but ultimately lose to, Notre Dame.

Thoughts?
0 x
gabn92
Warrior

Re: Pre-season prediction thread

Post by gabn92 »

I'm thinking 7-5 or 8-4 and a bowl game. Good shot at CinC. I'm not feeling it with ND...don't think it will be as bad as the LSU game last year, but don't see us going toe-to-toe with them like we did with OU and Michigan a few years ago. Hope I'm wrong!

I think Lehigh is almost a sure W, and ND is almost a sure L. (1-1)

From there, I think Army goes 3-1 against: Temple, Tulsa, UAB, ECU

I'm seeing 3-3 or maybe 4-2 against: FAU, Rice, AF, N. Texas, UTSA, Navy

Beat Lehigh!
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

We can't lose to Notre Damw !!!
OK,OK, its only been 66 years since we last beat them but give us a break. Streaks like this do not happen often so let us go to Yankee stadium and win that toss of the coin. IT'S TIME !!! :?
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Pardon me. It is not Notre Damw as I posted previously.

A spelling mistake on my part.

The proper NAME IS -- NOTRE DAME du LAC ( Our Mother of the Lake).

An indiscretion on my part. My apology is here in enclosed with this present post. ;)
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Take this to the bank--

WE WILL BEAT LEHIGH !!

My final prediction will be solely based on the following record of our 11 following regular season games.

You ban take that to the bank too.
1 x
OptionThis
Warrior

Post by OptionThis »

6 - 6

All the conference teams have prepared for and seen Navy’s act multiple times and we're not much different. Plus, I expect the offense will be solid but Army’s D is green and largely unproven. Hope the guys prove me wrong.
1 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Lots of change this year, but I think the O will be strong. If our offense plays well and is able to score while dominating TOP, we will win more often than not. The D is a big unknown, but less important if the O is strong.

My call : 8 wins, CIC, bowl game

It should be noted that I ALWAYS fall for the preseason hype. I’m hoping we over deliver this year.
1 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

7-5 overall with a win over navy but a loss to AF

We'll be fine with our watered down AAC schedule but, overall, we'll lose a game or two that we should win as we adjust to week after week conference play.

would not surprise me if navy has another bad year. that program got crazy lucky with hiring Paul Johnson and then Ken Niam, two hall of fame guys, it is inevitable that this current hire will struggle.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

I'm going to say 7-5 this year. I think there's just a lot of unknown about being in a conference that it's hard for me to be too bullish on their Conference Record this year. Beating Navy and getting to a bowl game makes it a positive year though, and I think that'll happen.
0 x
stash76
Warrior

Post by stash76 »

I am pumped for the start of this season. I'm going all out here shooting for a stellar season. I say we go we only have one loss this season. And it's not ND. Yes, 11-1 with our classic offense. Defense with Nate Woody will pleasantly surprise us. Beat Nebraska, Sir!
Last edited by stash76 on Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic