LeHigh Game

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
BackinBlack97
Warrior

Re: LeHigh Game

Post by BackinBlack97 »

Where is Nate Woody? You have to be kidding me…pump fake for a first down and our D is completely confused.
0 x
BackinBlack97
Warrior

Post by BackinBlack97 »

Ohhhhhh myyyy goddd!!!!

This D is sooooooo bad. This season will be ugly when we play a real team.
0 x
BackinBlack97
Warrior

Post by BackinBlack97 »

They are going to make every single catch when we give them a 10+ yard cushion. You would think we were covering Alabamas receivers with the level of cushion we are giving them.

Oh…and the interception in the end zone because a mediocre FCS team chucks it towards the end zone does not mask how bad this D is.
1 x
stash76
Warrior

Post by stash76 »

Whew! Beautiful interception.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

D finally got off of the field.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Coleman looks pretty good. Glad he is getting a few minutes.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Just got back from Michie.

We did not play well on offense. We appeared slow and methodical. Not much explosiveness off the ball against a team we should have but did not.
Our D is not good and the D secondary is playing way too off on coverage. I noticed our D appeared to line up as far as the secondary was concerned in a diamond lineup where the middle of it was wide open. The Lehigh QB never explored the middle at all with a post in that area. A good passing QB would have picked that out by their second possession.
The AAC is loaded with good passing QBs, and we better shore up that weakness fast or we will be in deep trouble starting next week when we get into league play.
True, we won easy, but we have a lot of work to do starting now.
1 x
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

Agree that our d looked soft, but not sure how you can watch that game and not be excited about the offense.
3 x
gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

Some of you need to change the glasses you’re wearing. The offense ran for 375 yards and put up more than 400 total yards. They didn’t punt and they didn’t have a turnover. The second team offense looked good at the end of the game. They had 1 false start penalty. If you’re complaining about the O, you really may need a new prescription. I was at the game too…the one thing I’d say is that watching it live sometimes those runs looked very mediocre (thinking we got maybe 1-2 yards) live, but then realizing it was a 5-6 yard gain when they placed the ball…probably mostly due to my perspective in the corner of the stadium. Maybe that was your problem Rabble…watch a replay of the game…I think it will make you feel better.

As for the D…it’s way too early to panic guys. They clearly played a “bend but don’t break” game plan on D. And guess what…they executed that flawlessly. Sure I would have loved to see all 3 and outs. But come on, they gave up 1 score, picked off 2 passes, forced several punts. Had no stupid penalties. Never got beat deep. I didn’t see much (any?) real aggressive blitzes called so I think Woody kept it very vanilla because he knew that’s all that was needed. Let’s see how they look next week before worrying the sky is falling.

Savor the win guys…the game really couldn’t have gone much better!
5 x
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

gabn92 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:47 am Some of you need to change the glasses you’re wearing. The offense ran for 375 yards and put up more than 400 total yards. They didn’t punt and they didn’t have a turnover. The second team offense looked good at the end of the game. They had 1 false start penalty. If you’re complaining about the O, you really may need a new prescription. I was at the game too…the one thing I’d say is that watching it live sometimes those runs looked very mediocre (thinking we got maybe 1-2 yards) live, but then realizing it was a 5-6 yard gain when they placed the ball…probably mostly due to my perspective in the corner of the stadium. Maybe that was your problem Rabble…watch a replay of the game…I think it will make you feel better.

As for the D…it’s way too early to panic guys. They clearly played a “bend but don’t break” game plan on D. And guess what…they executed that flawlessly. Sure I would have loved to see all 3 and outs. But come on, they gave up 1 score, picked off 2 passes, forced several punts. Had no stupid penalties. Never got beat deep. I didn’t see much (any?) real aggressive blitzes called so I think Woody kept it very vanilla because he knew that’s all that was needed. Let’s see how they look next week before worrying the sky is falling.

Savor the win guys…the game really couldn’t have gone much better!

I was going to contribute my opinion here but you’ve said everything I was thinking in this post so +1.

Excited for the season.
1 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic