Group of 5 Coaches Poll

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Group of 5 Coaches Poll

Post by WrekDivr »

Athlon Sports published a group of 5 coaches poll, link below:

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... rty-tulane

This is the first time I have seen a coaches poll like this. Good news is Army is ranked 15. Strangely (or maybe not given the press’ love for AF) is that AF is ranked 14 despite barely showing up for their game this weekend.

While I would like to see Army ranked in the top 25 in total, I think it is also good to understand where we rank within our peers in the group of 5.
0 x
gabn92
Warrior

Re: Group of 5 Coaches Poll

Post by gabn92 »

Interesting...have never seen this before either.

As for Air Force, I noticed they got 4 votes in the Coaches Poll. For a team that finished where they did last year, lost as many as they did to graduation, and had a lackluster win over an overmatched FCS team in week 1...there's no justification for them to be getting votes at this point. Must be Calhoun and 3 of his buddies.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Here’s the result after week 2 (FAU).

Army moves up to 11. Navy and AF not ranked (though Navy got votes).

https://footballscoop.com/news/group-of ... oll-week-2
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

With the powers that be, I believe this is the first step in separating the Power 4 from the Group of 5. They (TV and the media) are the powers that be. We are not considered the very top of college football anymore.
Now they are separating us in polling. :cry:
0 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

RABBLE wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:46 pm With the powers that be, I believe this is the first step in separating the Power 4 from the Group of 5. They (TV and the media) are the powers that be. We are not considered the very top of college football anymore.
Now they are separating us in polling. :cry:
First step???

Been that way for a while. Now they just have names for it.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

At least for this year, how group of 5 teams are ranked (not necessarily by this poll) is important as one will get into the 12-team playoff.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic