FAU Game Thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Re: FAU Game Thread

Post by WrekDivr »

Would have preferred 7, but we are up 2 scores with the FG. A 3-and-out by the D would be huge.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

INT!!! Need a patented Army drive now.
0 x
Boris23
Warrior

Post by Boris23 »

Army is not, again, particularly well-prepared for this game. The team has good material and depth on both offensive and defensive units, a strength of Coach Monken; but, they lost a skilled Division I running backs coach at the end of last season and did not truly replace him.

Army running backs protected the ball well during the latter half of last season.
The offensive line coach is still Mike Viti who is not competent to coach interior line play
and his co-offensive line coach is Matt Drinkell, an end oriented coach and a West Point
"lifer" who, outside of coaching West Point, has no significant Division I experience.

Army will live or die on a ground based triple-offensive, and they are not fully prepared
to do this. In my subjective opinion, Coach Monken is inconsistent in working a team in prolonged scrimmage, and in prioritizing his work, while controlling for maintenance of quality. The mistakes in detail and execution that have occurred should have been resolved before or after the Lehigh game. Army has the material to win ten plus games this season, but this, due on-going issues in preparation, will be problematic.

Reed and Short have been really solid, with Reed showing the talent that some on this board have extolled.
Great call and execution of the fake field goal and much credit to Coach Monken, for the heart and combativeness it displayed.
Last edited by Boris23 on Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

Here comes the refs.

The announcer's favorite player blows another play.
Last edited by Oliphant on Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
21-17!
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

Boris23 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:14 pm Army is not, again, particularly well-prepared for this game. The team has good material and depth on both offensive and defensive units, a strength of Coach Monken; but, they lost a skilled Division I running backs coach at the end of last season and did not truly replace him.

Army running backs protected the ball well during the latter half of last season.
The offensive line coach is still Mike Viti who is not competent to coach interior line play
and his co-offensive line coach is Matt Drinkell, an end oriented coach and a West Point
"lifer" who, outside of coaching West Point, has no significant Division I experience.

Army will live or die on a ground based triple-offensive, and they are not fully prepared
to do this. In my subjective opinion, Coach Monken is inconsistent in working a team in prolonged scrimmage, or prioritize his work, while controlling for maintenance of quality. The mistakes in detail and execution that have occurred should have been resolved before or after the Lehigh game. Army has the material to win ten plus games this season, but this, due on-going issues in preparation, will be problematic.

Reed and Short have been really solid, with Reed showing the talent that some on this board have extolled.

Disagree. They look plenty prepared to me. Outside of a few mistakes (the fumble) and miscues (penalties), they have been solid on both sides of the football. They’re arguably dominating the game outside of one drive by FAU.

This current 9 minute drive is classic Army football. If they get in the end zone here, FAU is done.
0 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

Daily absolutely flawless with the pitch and passing. The 3Q break couldn’t come soon enough for FAUs gassed out defense.

Are there even 10K in attendance ? Probably not a lot of fun sitting in that weather.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Boris23 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:14 pm Army is not, again, particularly well-prepared for this game. The team has good material and depth on both offensive and defensive units, a strength of Coach Monken; but, they lost a skilled Division I running backs coach at the end of last season and did not truly replace him.

to do this. In my subjective opinion, Coach Monken is inconsistent in working a team in prolonged scrimmage, or prioritize his work, while controlling for maintenance of quality. The mistakes in detail and execution that have occurred should have been resolved before or after the Lehigh game. Army has the material to win ten plus games this season, but this, due on-going issues in preparation, will be problematic.

Wow! Can’t say I agree with any of this. We’ve certainly made some mistakes, but came in as underdogs against a team they went toe to toe with Michigan State and are up by 10 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Overall, this may be one of our best offensive performances since 2018.
3 x
stash76
Warrior

Post by stash76 »

If we can get another first down here after that penalty I will jump for joy.
0 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

Oops! Spoke too soon - wide open TD.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

CATCH THAT!