ECU Game Thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Re: ECU Game Thread

Post by USMAPAFAN »

I think we are in great shape headed into a bye week before having AF at home. We will be ready for AF even though I think they are dangerous because their season is a shambles and honestly they have nothing to lose at this point. I do think we will handle that challenge. The game that keeps me up is North Texas in the road. They lost to Memphis in an absolute shootout. QB threw the ball 61 times and they had 650 yards of offense. If we can’t have long sustained drives and eat clock this game will be hard to win. I know Navy beat Memphis in the same style game but we do NOT wanna go there and play that tempo or style. The good news is NT gave up over 500 yards to Memphis. Forget Notre Dame this game is the most dangerous because of NT type of explosive offense.
0 x
OldTac
Warrior

Post by OldTac »

Dude69,
I'm falling out of my chair! Thanks for a great laugh.
0 x
Usma80
Warrior

Post by Usma80 »

[quote=Dude69 post_id=40484 time=1729431412 user_id=338

Coach Monken is clearly allowing the team to see what can be if they allow themselves to be unburdened by what has been. The team is like a bus navigating the circles of a Venn diagram in search of the intersectional areas of progress. And so the bus goes here, and the bus goes there, because that is what buses do.
[/quote]

LMFAO - Boris has deserved that for years! …. And he is probably as clueless about his “sound and fury signifying nothing” as the vapid author you paraphrased!
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

USMAPAFAN wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 7:46 am I don’t agree with the previous comments. To say that Monken is inconsistent with trying to utilize the outside ground game is way off the mark. We have gotten the ball outside more this year than in the past decade. ECUs coaching experience against the option played a big factor in why there was less outside pitches etc. Daily was 7/10 passing so it’s hard to fault Army for throwing more than usual. Coaches try to take what the defense gives them. Each defense is different. Against AF we may throw little or not at all. Monken realizes that Daily has developed his touch passing and he is pursuing that as an advantage so I’m not going to fault him for that. As for all the comments on the defense in the second half. Let’s remember that ECUs entire game plan changed when they fell behind by so much so they were throwing a lot more. Add in the facts we had some backups playing defense and of course they scored some. We didn’t play faultless football but gimme a break with all the negative stuff about Monken.
I didn't realize Army had backups in on D until Monken said so in his presser. Apparently he started putting them in after Army scored it's second touchdown in the third quarter. Good for the future, even if it made the ECU win look a little less impressive. Also explains why they were taking fewer defensive risks.
0 x
BG
JKillerK
Warrior

Post by JKillerK »

We could not sustain drives in the second half of the game. Our offense was principally out of the shotgun and running three and out. Result, tired defense. Hmmm!! seem to recall our problem with that last year.
1 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Great counterpunch Dude69.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic