Navy-ND Predictions?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
gabn92
Warrior

Navy-ND Predictions?

Post by gabn92 »

Without an Army game to talk about this weekend, would be curious to hear what you all are thinking about the Navy-ND game this weekend. It will be interesting to see how ND is able to handle Navy's offense...this will obviously be the first big test for Navy this season.

Last week was a big win for Navy vs. Charlotte, but much of that was due to Charlotte's 5 turnovers...the Charlotte defense was able to force something like 6 punts from Navy. I think ND will easily be able to match that with their defense, and will make fewer mistakes. Despite Navy's undefeated record to this point, national ranking, and large margin of victory in their games to this point this season, I think ND covers and this isn't particularly close:

ND: 34
Navy: 17

I am hoping Navy stays undefeated in the AAC and we play them for the conference championship. I typically root for Navy to upset ND, but will be rooting for ND to handle business this weekend, hopefully setting Army up for an epic upset when we play them in a few weeks.
1 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Re: Navy-ND Predictions?

Post by neumanna1 »

Truthfully I think you want Notre Dame to beat up on them pretty good, so if Army is more competitive, even in a loss, it looks better by comparison.
0 x
GO 150s 87
Warrior

Post by GO 150s 87 »

I'm in much agreement. My prediction from the Ken Kraetzer huddle this week was ND 36 N 21.

I think navy's defense is going to be exposed by ND. Aside from forcing a lot of turnovers this season, they have not been very good statistically. I don't think ND will turn the ball over like Charlotte and Memphis did. I also think ND will dominate TOP.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

My other prediction is I will get confused which team is which at some point because their uniform color schemes are so similar.
0 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Navy has been thriving on big plays which I think ND will be able to limit. I’m not enamored with NDs offense this year but they will do enough to win this game.

ND 24
Navy 10
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Navy gets exposed vs ND. ND’s D doesn’t allow the big plays and Navy struggles to convert 3d downs. ND doesn’t turn the ball over multiple times like most of Navy’s opponents have.

ND 42
Squids 10
0 x
westcoastarmyfan
Warrior

Post by westcoastarmyfan »

In the games against Memphis and Char, Navy was a combined 5 of 16 on third downs, and they punted 9 times v. the opponents' 5 punts. Against Temple and AF they were 9 of 25 on third downs. Navy has not turned the ball over this year (I believe). John Madden once said that 4 of every 5 TOs are offense screw ups. I don't see ND messing things up.

ND 42
Navy 14
0 x
westcoastarmyfan
Warrior

Post by westcoastarmyfan »

Joel Klatt's prediction

Navy 20 ND 17
Reasons--ND O line and secondary are banged up. ND does not have a great passing O. Navy throws enough to cause problems.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic