Fort names

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Fort names

Post by wpgrad »

Pokey92 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:43 pm
wpgrad wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:35 pm
WrekDivr wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:23 am Change is tough, and it feels really weird for sure, but personally I am glad to see traitors that supported slavery having their names removed from our military installations.
If you poll'ed 99.999999% of Americans, not a darn one of them (including me) had any clue who Benning or Hood or Bragg or any of those names were.

its simply PC bullshi* to appease people like you. I am sorry you haven't been able to sleep all these years due to your numerous protests and lobbying to get the names changed.
Your user name is WPGRAD, so either A) it's not true, or B) you slept through all your Mil Art classes! Anyone who studied military history knows exactly who all these people were, and the forts were named after them to appease the "conquered states" where they were located. Listen, I'm not some social justice warrior, but just because a decision was made a long time ago doesn't make it something that can never be addressed or changed.

The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history. Be informed, be reasonable, and get upset about things that really matter............and this isn't one of them!
I graduated and was a very good student, including probably A's in Mil Art (I don't remember) and I have absolute no clue who Bragg, Benning, Hood, Bliss, etc might be. No clue at all. So I must have been sleeping while I was getting A's.
0 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

WrekDivr wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:23 am Change is tough, and it feels really weird for sure, but personally I am glad to see traitors that supported slavery having their names removed from our military installations.
If you poll'ed 99.999999% of Americans, not a darn one of them (including me) had any clue who Benning or Hood or Bragg or any of those names were.

its simply PC bullshi* to appease people like you. I am sorry you haven't been able to sleep all these years due to your numerous protests and lobbying to get the names changed.
Your user name is WPGRAD, so either A) it's not true, or B) you slept through all your Mil Art classes! Anyone who studied military history knows exactly who all these people were, and the forts were named after them to appease the "conquered states" where they were located. Listen, I'm not some social justice warrior, but just because a decision was made a long time ago doesn't make it something that can never be addressed or changed.

The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history. Be informed, be reasonable, and get upset about things that really matter............and this isn't one of them!
You’re not some social justice warrior? Several years back you were on here arguing that Jacob Blake was an upstanding citizen.
0 x
Pokey92
Warrior

Post by Pokey92 »

LOL, sure, you go with that since it's easier to compartmentalize and demonize than to have a thought-out discussion on a topic.

You went for a deep cut from 4 years ago! I believe my argument was actually that the details of that incident were not 100% as was being represented in parts of the media as justification for a police shooting (and subsequently those charges were dropped).

As usual, I'm not bringing politics to this board (all I want to do is read about my Army football team). Perhaps the moderator can create a forum not related to football and then you won't have to see my posts!
1 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

ArmyRoadFan7 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:29 am

You’re not some social justice warrior? Several years back you were on here arguing that Jacob Blake was an upstanding citizen.
You have me mistaken for someone else. I am not even sure I know who Jacob Blake is without googling him.
0 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

Pokey92 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:22 am LOL, sure, you go with that since it's easier to compartmentalize and demonize than to have a thought-out discussion on a topic.

You went for a deep cut from 4 years ago! I believe my argument was actually that the details of that incident were not 100% as was being represented in parts of the media as justification for a police shooting (and subsequently those charges were dropped).

As usual, I'm not bringing politics to this board (all I want to do is read about my Army football team). Perhaps the moderator can create a forum not related to football and then you won't have to see my posts!
You only seem to disagree with certain political comments. I couldn’t care less but don’t insult everyone’s intelligence by claiming to be some unbiased arbiter of the truth.
0 x
Pokey92
Warrior

Post by Pokey92 »

ArmyRoadFan7 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:27 pm
Pokey92 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:22 am LOL, sure, you go with that since it's easier to compartmentalize and demonize than to have a thought-out discussion on a topic.

You only seem to disagree with certain political comments. I couldn’t care less but don’t insult everyone’s intelligence by claiming to be some unbiased arbiter of the truth.
Never said I was!

1) I don't want to see anyone's political BS on this board. This is an Army football board and I've never started any political conversation - but I have replied when the situation warrants it. Especially when I felt it was attacking an institution that I respect.
2) If you do post on a political topic - I am not saying I'm right, all I'm usually saying is that there is a lot more to the story than the simple narrative that is being described/argued. Asking someone to research their positions (outside of reading Facebook) shouldn't be inflammatory.
3) If you felt your intelligence was insulted, well, that's on you.
0 x
area walker
Warrior

Post by area walker »

Gosh. I’m sorry I asked the question. Just trying to know what the new forts were. I have no doubt we have A students on this thread. Let the sinless cast the first stone.
1 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic