Fort names

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
area walker
Warrior

Fort names

Post by area walker »

I just read an article about where the rugby 2nd Lts were being assigned. Apparently since covid I have not kept up with the name changes. Can anyone out there up date me. Fort Liberty? Some new name in Texas? I’m confused. Would appreciate help.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Fort names

Post by wpgrad »

https://www.jbsa.mil/News/News/Article/ ... s-by-2024/

The army solved racism and discrimination in the post george floyd era by renaming 9 bases
1 x
area walker
Warrior

Post by area walker »

Wow. Remember times at Hood and Bragg. Says.
0 x
JKillerK
Warrior

Post by JKillerK »

I proudly wear my Ft. Bragg alumni TShirt that I recently purchased at Ranger Joes in Colombus.
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I just simply PROTEST the name changes.

That is all from me as a nobody. :cry:
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Change is tough, and it feels really weird for sure, but personally I am glad to see traitors that supported slavery having their names removed from our military installations.
2 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

wpgrad wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:36 am https://www.jbsa.mil/News/News/Article/ ... s-by-2024/

The army solved racism and discrimination in the post george floyd era by renaming 9 bases
Sorry, but I can't help but feel a bit leery as to where this will all end - Fort Sharpton, anyone?
0 x
Army Frog Fan
Warrior

Post by Army Frog Fan »

Fort Liberty is the biggest joke. They couldn't come up with just one more PC name and gave up?
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

WrekDivr wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:23 am Change is tough, and it feels really weird for sure, but personally I am glad to see traitors that supported slavery having their names removed from our military installations.
If you poll'ed 99.999999% of Americans, not a darn one of them (including me) had any clue who Benning or Hood or Bragg or any of those names were.

its simply PC bullshi* to appease people like you. I am sorry you haven't been able to sleep all these years due to your numerous protests and lobbying to get the names changed.
0 x
Pokey92
Warrior

Post by Pokey92 »

wpgrad wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:35 pm
WrekDivr wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:23 am Change is tough, and it feels really weird for sure, but personally I am glad to see traitors that supported slavery having their names removed from our military installations.
If you poll'ed 99.999999% of Americans, not a darn one of them (including me) had any clue who Benning or Hood or Bragg or any of those names were.

its simply PC bullshi* to appease people like you. I am sorry you haven't been able to sleep all these years due to your numerous protests and lobbying to get the names changed.
Your user name is WPGRAD, so either A) it's not true, or B) you slept through all your Mil Art classes! Anyone who studied military history knows exactly who all these people were, and the forts were named after them to appease the "conquered states" where they were located. Listen, I'm not some social justice warrior, but just because a decision was made a long time ago doesn't make it something that can never be addressed or changed.

The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history. Be informed, be reasonable, and get upset about things that really matter............and this isn't one of them!
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic