Michie Stadium Makes the List

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
gabn92
Warrior

Michie Stadium Makes the List

Post by gabn92 »

ESPN ranked the top 25 stadiums in college football, and Michie came in at #12:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... l-michigan

Ahead of some great venues, like Texas A&M, Florida, Auburn, Georgia, Nebraska...great to see Michie getting some recognition. It really is one of the best places to experience a college football game, even with the inefficient security operations, challenges with parking, poor food vendor options, etc. A crisp fall day with the autumn colors, game ball being jumped in, march-on from part of the Corps...and "On Brave Old Army Team" from the band is hard to beat.
2 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Michie Stadium Makes the List

Post by wpgrad »

I would bet money that people ranking michie at 12th have never actually been to a game there. Horrible parking, horrible food, aluminum seating. To call it the 12th Stadium experience in the country is an absolute joke.

Cool to visit like a museum? Yes

Good football stadium experience? Heck no
0 x
hammerdown
Warrior

Post by hammerdown »

wpgrad wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:46 pm I would bet money that people ranking michie at 12th have never actually been to a game there. Horrible parking, horrible food, aluminum seating. To call it the 12th Stadium experience in the country is an absolute joke.

Have you ever been to PSU or Michigan. Parking is worse, same aluminum seating, and
you better like who is seating to your left and right. They are basically
on your lap (I'm just average size guy), it was insane. They jam over 100K people into
these 100 year old stadiums, that don't have the infrastructure to support this
many people.
1 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

hammerdown wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:33 pm
wpgrad wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:46 pm I would bet money that people ranking michie at 12th have never actually been to a game there. Horrible parking, horrible food, aluminum seating. To call it the 12th Stadium experience in the country is an absolute joke.

Have you ever been to PSU or Michigan. Parking is worse, same aluminum seating, and
you better like who is seating to your left and right. They are basically
on your lap (I'm just average size guy), it was insane. They jam over 100K people into
these 100 year old stadiums, that don't have the infrastructure to support this
many people.
Listen, I am not a PSU fan, but I have attended games at Beaver Stadium (the last one was the 2015 game), and 100k+ is an amazing experience. Their food is also solid.

I love Michie but the view and the pageantry carry it. The place is rarely filled and the food options are horrible.
0 x
21-17!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic